My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
Post 644 I count the days by the Holiday Party I'm at.... Yep, today's another holiday party... this time for my department at work. It's always a great party with lots of fun. Hey Mark, when's your first Podcast??? Has anyone checked Bubba's blog at left (Points to Ponder)? Today's my daughter's birthday.... my little girl's 24 years old. *sigh* I'm going to share something I wrote for her on her 18th birthday.. I don't know if any of you saw it.. but it's still something I think of on each of her birthdays. Enjoy: Today's my daughter's 18th Birthday.... and the memories are so vivid.... I remember kissing my wife, telling her what a wonderful job she did... and her reminding me that I helped... ~S~ I remember when she was born... all pink and wrinkly.. how I held her in my arms, and cried like the preverbial baby... I remember calling mom and dad, and hearing my dad cry on the phone.. asking at 2am if he could come see her yet. I remember calling my in-laws, and hearing my father in law tell me how proud he was of me... (and my wife) I remember taking her home four days later, 18 years ago... and wife going directly to get a haircut before entering the house... me and mom bringing baby into the house... I remember my daughter crying, and me being scared to death, and mom laughing... knowing she was probobly just wet... I remember crying when my daughter cried that very time... because I didn't yet understand what the crying meant... but learned over time. I remember when wife and I worked split shifts, so that we didn't have to use day-care... and the quality time she and I spent together at night... I remember the songs I made up to sing to her at night... and how she smiled every single time as I sang.... I remember when at 8 months old, she contracted Viral Meningitis, and how I sat in the hospital in tears day after day till she came home..... I remember how I felt, when the doctors said they caught it so early, there'd be no lasting problems at all. I remember all the moments in between then and now.... I remember last night... hugging her before bed, telling her how much I loved her.. how she's as tall as me now, how she's got a 4.0+GPA in college... holds down a job... and treats me like the best dad on earth.... I love my baby... but she's a baby no more. Today, she's in her 3rd year as a high school math teacher, and she's got a brand new car, and working towards her masters degree in education. On to the news: New sport for the ultimate yuppie: Segway polo Alcohol sales banned this Sunday at Giants Stadium. Fans panicking at the thought of having to be sober while watching the Jets play Members of the FTC declare anti-spam legislation a success. Apparently, they don't have email or they buy a lot of Viagra Moose lured into family's yard by mating call of boy's saxophone. Turns out he was just horny And in Canadian News: Canadian Supreme Court to rule on legality of swingers' clubs. Observers say the decision could go either way Canadian store fires employee for taking chocolate from a garbage can That's it for today... enjoy your Hump-Day! |