My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Tuesday, December 27, 2005
Post 647 Well.. Christmas is over.. *frown* There's always a certain letdown when Christmas has gone by. There's that "post holiday blahs" that follows. As we get older, it seems the holidays come and go quicker, and quicker. Seems when I was a kid, Christmas lasted a month.. nowadays, barely hours. Christmas Eve, was at Mom's.. and we all had a great time munching and opening up gifts. Mom did end up coming over for Christmas dinner. It's good she did, or she'd have had an awful day. We kept her mind off of dad not being here as much as we could.. but when she went home, she was still very emotional. All in all, it was a wonderful dinner.. with the whole family there. We had shepards pie (something simple), fresh rolls, gravy.. lots of finger foods. For dessert, my brother made a blueberry cheesecake! Right after dinner, Aaron and Carrie arrived and brought with them a nice apple pie, for even more dessert! (you can never have too much dessert) More on gifts and things tomorrow. Yesterday, we went to see King Kong with our friends Dave and Tina and their daughter. I have to say, I was very underimpressed. Sure, the sets were fantastic, Kong was great.. but there were plenty of times that the movie was way to dragged out. On a scale of 1-5, I'd give it a 3.5. On to the news: I love good news like this: Shopper pays for marine's engagement ring The 50 greatest gadgets of the last 50 years This year's list of weird corporate gifts includes live snakes, cans of bees, Rolex watches, pigeons and sledge hammers, but no reports of hot cocoa sampler boxes Actor who played teacher in "Fast Times" and alien in "Buckaroo Banzai" dies And in the "What I didn't get that I wanted for Christmas" folder: The latest fastest and most powerful automobile ever: 1001 horsepower, zero to 188 mph in 14 seconds The Worlds Smallest 4-Channel Helicopter! That's it for today... have a nice Tuesday! |