My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Thursday, April 06, 2006
Post 712 Ever get hit in the back of the head with a shovel? That's how I felt last night, after getting a phone call from an old friend that I used to be very close to, that moved to Floriday about 10 years ago. He told me quite plainly, "Dave, I have prostate cancer". I almost fell off my chair. Steve and I became great friends since meeting in 1982, when we became part of a start-up computer club. We golfed together, our wives were friendly, and at the time, we were both working in the same industry. Nowadays, we email back and forth all the time, and talk on the phone a few times a year. I had emailed him a few days ago, that I hadn't heard from him in a bit, when he called last night. He's so "matter of fact" about it.... I kept thinking to myself, if it ever happens to me, I only pray I have that much courage. When he explained all the tests he had to go through, and how the doctors were convinced that the cancer had not spread anywhere else, I was in awe. He goes in to the hospital on May 9th, to have his prostate removed completely. It seemed so strange afterwards, for him to nonchalantly tell me how his wife was doing, how she's going to teach nursing at a local college.. when all I can think of is the big C word. I'm going to leave this post at this point... and head into the news: How you can tell the iPod craze has officially gone too far For some reason, advertising that you will give food and shelter for sex causes a problem When you agree to let a potential buyer take your car on a test-drive, remember to stipulate a distance they're allowed to test it for If ever I saw someone that needs to shut the hell up: McKinney now claims that she was stopped was because of her hairstyle. The fashion police agee Car navigation system that leads drivers to the edge of a 100-foot cliff sees drop-off in users Is there anything hotter than a Catholic school coed, dressed as a trailer park bride, hitting a beer bong? (with pics) That's it for today... no blog tomorrow or Monday (unless I get up early), as I have both days off. Enjoy your day and weekend. |