My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Wednesday, September 10, 2003
<RANT> I had a long talk with my son last night, that in my opinion, did and didn't really go well. Lets just say I've been upset about it since. (yes, I know he reads my blog, and if he sees this he shouldn't be surprised) It hit me pretty hard last night when he said he "didn't want to hang out with me", or do things with me, because of something I had said about him wanting a tongue piercing, even after I explained what I said/felt, and apologized. The saddest thing is, I get no sense of "love" from him at all anymore, and can't remember the last time I felt like he did love me. Even when we bought him a car, and I went to bat for him to get something real nice (wife was hesitant), and while he was thankful, I just didn't feel what I thought I would from him. Maybe I don't understand how he shows it. It's starting to really, really get to me, and I wonder if he realizes how much he's pushing me away. I'm constantly surprised at how sometimes we're never happy with what we have, how sometimes, we see the glass half empty instead of half full. There are times I'm like that. Then I think about some of the places I've seen in the world where people are living in cardboard boxes, in sweltering heat with no electricity or running water. That normally brings me back to reality. The odd thing is, these people are for the most part, completely happy, oblivious to what else there is in the world. I had a long talk with Aaron on the phone this morning, and as I told my family last night at dinner, I don't envy him his job. He's an incredibly hard worker, a great friend, but has to work for/with people that have very little common sense. I guess we all our problems. Just so much I'm thinking about today..... if I wrote it all, it'd take all day. Sometimes, even a sunny day sucks. </RANT> |