My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Monday, March 15, 2004
Mondays suck..... Ray and Aaron came over Friday night to watch our UCONN Men's basketball team kick some butt, then on Saturday, Ray came over again and we watched UCONN win the Big East Tournament! Now, March Madness rolls in. A bunch of us are considering taking a half day off later this week to go to a pub and watch some basketball and eat some wings. Sign me up! This weekend we did cleaning at home in preparation of our appraisal for the re-financing. I made a major dent in the basement, and put up a gym kinda thing we've had down there for a couple of years, just sitting there. Got it all together with the help of my son, and AFTER it was up I found the instructions! *L* As for weight loss, I probably lost another pound, but where it REALLY shows is my waist. My jeans now, I can button them up and zip them, and pull them easily straight off! *S* And now, Another reason I'm glad I didn't vote for Bush! *chuckle* The top 10 movie/TV cars of all time! Here's a good joke for Bubba to start out your Monday: Jesus in the restaurant An Irishman in a wheel chair entered a restaurant one afternoon and asked the waitress for a cup of coffee. The Irishman looked across the restaurant and asked, "Is that Jesus sitting over there?" The waitress nodded "yes," so the Irishman told her to give Jesus a cup of coffee on him. The next patron to come in was an Englishman with a hunched back. He shuffled over to a booth, painfully sat down, and asked the waitress for a cup of hot tea. He also glanced across the restaurant and asked, "Is that Jesus over there?" The waitress nodded, so the Englishman said to give Jesus a cup of hot tea, my treat. The third patron to come into the restaurant was a Redneck on crutches. He hobbled over to a booth, sat down and hollered, "Hey there, sweet thang, how's about gettin' me a cold glass of Coca-Cola!" He, too, looked across the restaurant and asked, "Is that God's boy over there?" The waitress nodded, so the Redneck said to give Jesus a cold glass of coke, on my bill. As Jesus got up to leave, he passed by the Irishman, touched him and said, "For your kindness, you are healed." The Irishman felt the strength come back into his legs, got up, and danced a jig out the door. Jesus also passed by the Englishman, touched him and said, "For your kindness, you are healed." The Englishman felt his back straightening up,and he raised up his hands, praised the Lord and did a backflip out the door. Then, Jesus walked towards the Redneck. The Redneck jumped up and yelled, "don't touch me⬦ I'm drawin' disability!!!!!" Have a great day... |