My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Thursday, March 04, 2004
 
One more day till Friday!

You know, when you're on a diet, you see things you normally wouldn't see.
Take today for example.
I walk into the cafeteria to put away something, and there's a box full of wrapped "Honey Buns" on the table, free from the vending people as they'll expire in a few days.
You can imagine how pissed off I was.. *chuckling*

Oh, I called the college yesterday, told her how disappointed I was at the cancellation, and to make a long story short, they're going to try to find another instructor and have the class again! I hope they do.

I love when people (read: bigwigs) don't read their email.
I had a request recently from the grand poobah of this facility if I had an extra network printer. I replied in email, that yes, indeed I had one I could drop off this week.
Yesterday, I sent her the serial # to make sure the asset was moved from point A to point B, and she replied "I thought we had to buy one! I just dropped the paperwork off to finance to buy one!"
To which, I resent the original email explaining I had said I had one.
Another example of someone pissing away the State's money.

I went to a "Pizza & Beer" party for a club I belong to last night, and really behaved. Drank diet soda (ok, had a half a glass of beer), and a lot less pizza than I normally would have had.

Some personal audio tapes of Princess Diana are coming to light now, and after reading some excerpts of them, I'm stunned at what a 'sacraficial lamb" she was to the royal family.

Lionel Richie's wife is suing for divorce, and asking for $300,000/month. She says she spends $15,000/month in clothing!!! $3,000 for "dermatology"?? $1,000 for laser hair removal? Give the lady a BIC and tell her to buzz off!
The article goes on to say: "each month she spends $600 on hair, $250 on nails, $150 on electrolysis, $450 on facials, $500 for her trainer and $600 each on Pilates, massages, and therapy. "
I'm confused, isn't eloctrolysis the same as hair removal??
There's MORE!
Diane Richie also lists yearly expenses of $20,000 for plastic surgery and $125,000 for tuition at her 9-year-old son's Colorado boarding school, which she says she tries to visit at least once a month -- at a cost of between $15,000 and $20,000
$20,000/year for Plastic Surgery??? She can only see her 9 year old son once a month???

I want to go to Bike Week this year!!!

Ok.... this one defies description! *L*

And just to prove there are some incredible idiots in this world, I offer proof!

Till the next wave....