My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Wednesday, March 24, 2004
Wednesday, the Hump-Day! Well, the UCONN Women's Basketball team kicked butt last night against a very tough Auburn team (well, tough in the first half at least). The UCONN Men and Women are going to the "Sweet 16". It looks like I've lost another couple of pounds.. *S* so I'm happy about that. Work's doing ok, but I'm worried about a friend of mine in work that's being shit upon quite heavily by some of the powers that be, for doing a job too well. You see, where we work is filled with upper level management that keeps writing checks that nobody can cash. In other words, they say to other people "sure we can do that", when in fact, it can NOT be done. But then, when it can't be done, they blame us. They open their mouths, and don't ask questions, but dictate what we have to do to keep THEIR promises. Many times, it just can't be done. There's no teamwork there (between upper management and the workers), and it's quite frustrating. In the meantime, good people like my friend, get it in the ass by unscrupulous idiots. Stuff like this REALLY bothers me. Enough about this, it upsets me to think about it. The weather's getting nicer, and Friday, it's supposed to get into the 60's!!! I can't wait. Now, to lighten it up a bit..... Jessica "Chicken of the Sea" Simpson Does It Again According to a gossip columnist, "singer" Jessica Simpson, who once asked on her TV show "Newlyweds" "Is Chicken of the Sea tuna or chicken?" pulled another one Sunday while visiting the White House. The singer was allegedly introduced to Interior Secretary Gale Norton and gushed: "You've done a nice job decorating the White House." (Half way down on page.) Stolen (without permission) from shmoopsie's blog, Dr. Who's coming back! I've always liked Dr. Who.. but it'll probably be a while before it makes it to the US again. (sorry shmoopsie) How low can you POSSIBLY go?? Can you guess which ones are blonde? And a toddler, shows up at school with $10,000 worth of cocaine?? And one last one.. and THIS is a classic! Do you see anything wrong here? Have a great Wednesday. |