My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Friday, May 14, 2004
 
It IS Friday isn't it??

Well, last night was full of excitement.

After dinner, wife was cleaning up and all of a sudden hears a "BANG" beneath the sink. Opening up the doors beneath sees the garbage disposal has fallen completely from the sink, a rotted piece of metal did the damage. After cleaning up a bunch of the mess (water), making phone calls to see if my best friend (a plumber) can come to fix it (today at about 3pm). By the time we got all settled in, everything done, it was late and we collapsed for a few in front of the TV. So, today I search for a new disposal before my friend gets to my house so I'll be taking a half day off.
The worst part was we were going to call, after dinner, my sister-in-law, who's birthday it was yesterday, but in all the excitement we didn't think of it again till we were lying in bed at about 10:30pm.
Bruce, please tell Cindy Happy Birthday for us, and we'll call tonight and apologize.

Yesterday noon, I had a "Union Representative meeting", as I'm a representative of our Union here, and just like me, I stirred up a hornets nest. Seems they wanted to stage a protest of sorts about poor working conditions for nurses, during the dedication of a new cardiac unit that was donated by our national basketball champion coach, Jim Calhoun. I asked what our protest had to do with Coach Calhoun, and they said nothing, that it was because the media was going to be there.
I was astounded.
I asked, "so, we're going to USE him, throw a wet blanket over a day that should be of celebration, for a person that brings more money into this university than any other one person? We're going to make a wonderful day, into a political statement?
All of a sudden, people all over the room started to agree with me. Madness ensued.
In all fairness, the guy that came up with the plan, handled it like a gentleman, and once he heard what I (and others) had to say, started to think maybe this WASN'T the right day.
Then, the Union Vice President stood up, made only what I can call a "militant speech", and momentarily after that, the VP running the meeting said (because it was getting out of control with people agreeing with my point of view), that whoever wanted to protest could, and whoever didn't wouldn't.

Moving right along.....

Women! Here's the newest Fitness CRAZE! (I'll install in my bedroom soon)

Playboy to feature women of Home Depot; men seen lining up getting hardwood

Well that's it for today. Have a great weekend!