My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Tuesday, October 05, 2004
Doing the right thing, not the easy thing (sorry the blog is late, Blogger's been acting up today) Since when does everyone do the "easy" thing, instead of the right thing? My new A/C in the server room where I work's been giving an error "Short Cycle" for a few weeks, and I put in a call and someone came out (Mark). So, Mark says.. "I can disable the alarm for you if you want". WHAT?? The alarm is there for a reason, I do NOT want you to disable it! What's causing it? "I don't know". Ok, this is where if I were you, I'd CALL Liebert (maker of the A/C), and ask them what the error means, and how we can fix it. "Umm, I think it's when the humidifier kicks on and off more than 10 times an hour." (insert Dave here, burying his face in his hands) At this point, Mark ambles off in search of A/C nirvana... (maybe he's been sniffing too much freon!). Add to that, a major curveball thrown to our group at work... *frown* BUT.. the good news is I don't have to go to the weekly staff meetings any longer. So... this week's not began so well... lets hope it gets better. Oh, BTW... Here's the Mt. St. Helen's WebCam but keep in mind they're 3 hours behind us and you can't see a thing in the dark! *L* I just saw a good Calvin & Hobbes cartoon.. and I thought I'd share! And now, for the news not fit to print... Some of the things you'll find at the Lost & Found at Germany's Octoberfest! As Worf once said.. "You've never seen Hamlet until you've seen it in the original Klingon version! Oh this is too funny. Afghanistan's women riot police uniform includes high-heeled boots and fishnet stockings. Ready to give you the beating of your life... for FREE! And in the "insert theme from Twilight Zone here" area, Couple 'raise' Cabbage Patch doll as son! Oh well.. that's enough excitement for one day.. have a good one! |