My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Friday, October 29, 2004
Happy Friday! Well, Baseball season is over, BUT, College Basketball begins next week! Our National Champion UCONN Husky Mens and Womens teams begin defense of their national titles. That means my friend Ray will be coming to my house to watch most of the games and we'll cheer our teams on. It's a great season, sports-wise for me. My brother and his wife are probably on the plane as I write this heading to Disney World. I sent him some "Must See's" in his email last night, as he's never been before. Hopefully he doesn't weeny out and not go on Mission Space, at Epcot. standing up on my soapbox for a moment.. I had a joke sent to me yesterday, about how painful a mammmogram is, and how it MUST have been invented by a man.. and how women would love to invent a machine to test a mans testicals that squeeze the same way... yadda yadda yah. Please don't send me these jokes. 1. Yes, a man invented the machine in the 1920's 2. He did it to spare women breast cancer, not to see their breasts mashed 3. Do women get their prostates checked like men do, with a probe up there butts? 4. If you don't like the mammogram machine, INVENT YOUR OWN! Stop whining about men. Get a bunch of women to invent one with frills, soft down like fur that cradles the breast, serves cappuchino and bon-bons for all I care, but damn it.. it's 10 minutes of pain/discomfort to save your life. Just get off the "male bashing", when getting a mammogram please. Jokes are funny, male-bashing just to bash males is not. getting down off my soapbox sorry.. that subject always has bothered me. One last thought. Some women say when they get their mammograms, the technician is fantastic and they get no pain, just mild discomfort. Make it known then, who the good techs are, share the knowledge women, please. Put the pain-meisters out of business. Like I said yesterday, we go out to dinner tonight with some friends... so I'm excited about that! Other than that, not sure what we have for plans this weekend. Karen, as requested, here's 3 pictures of my backyard, and the leaves.. *S* Backyard looking left Backyard looking further left Backyard looking right Well, here's the news not fit to print: The 10 worst cover songs ever Nice picture of Titan taken by Cassini Someone, somewhere, did a study that finds that one-third of Australians cannot squat to pee Ok, Pravda (Russian news agency) reports that the U.S. to use new type of nuclear submarine to battle terrorism Here's our illustrious leader, doing something inredibly stupid (Quicktime movie software required) What are the odds... Twins score perfect 1600's on SATs! Only the asshat New York Daily News would do something like this Here's a maddeningly fun game! And Friday's BOTD! And that's all for today... have a great weekend! |