My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Friday, October 22, 2004
 
I know you've seen it before.... but TGIF friends!

Yep, the week's finally coming to a close. Not one moment too early for me. I'm supposed to go out for wings and a movie tonight with Aaron and another friend, Dan. We're going to go see Team America, which should be hilarious!

Got a call from mom in work yesterday (very rare) distraught trying to find a flu shot for my dad. She'd called his primary physician, and every other doctor he sees with no luck, so she asked me if I could find him one.
First, I called the Oncology department at the health center who said they are out of flu vaccine. Then, I walked downstairs, saw my daughter's doctor and asked her in the hallway if there's anything she could do. We do have vaccine here, but it's supposed to be for our patients. Well, we stretched the truth a bit because dad's oncology doc is at UCONN, and I called in all my favors, and got dad a flu shot tomorrow in our East Hartford office (via this same doctor). Mission accomplished.

Well, on to the news not fit to print:

Political correctness reaches new level of idiocy as school district bans Halloween festivities because it might offend real witches

Hey Bruce, Did you see this story about Carmelo Anthony getting busted for pot?

If you're going to write a snappy ad for a Women's Film Festival, it might be a good idea not to call it "Films with Broad Appeal" *LOL*

THIS is why we have problems in the US. Man who ran Kmart for 10 months retiring -- and getting $90 million for it!

Missing fighter jet goes up on Ebay

It's probably a good bet, if you go to court for drug charges, that you shouldn't wear a tshirt saying "cocaine" to court!

And now.... my BOTD! (This one's for you Carrie...!) *LOL*

Have a great weekend all!