My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Wednesday, October 06, 2004
A Sad Passing.... One of the great self-depreciating comics of all time, Jacob Cohen, aka Rodney Dangerfield, passed on yesterday after 82 years of life. Who hasn't heard of his famous lines "I don't get no respect", or "Who stepped on that duck" from Caddyshack, or his MOST famous line "When I was born, I was so ugly that the doctor slapped my mother". I always loved Rodney's humor. For example, here's today's "Quote of the day" from Rodney's website: "I tell ya when I fly, I don't get no respect. I took one of those cheap flights, no frills. I finished eatin' and had to do the dishes. And I tell ya I got no confidence in the pilot. When he makes a left turn he puts his hand out. " There's a real good story on this CNN page about him. Rest in Peace Rodney... you have the biggest audience in the world now! Moving right along... I was talking to my neighbor last night, he works in the jet engine industry, and is a private pilot, and says I have to see his setup at home for Microsoft's Flight Simulator pro. He's got the steering wheel, pedals, console.. everything for flying a plane at home just like it's real. I can't wait to check that out. I love flying, and flying simulations. From the "Did you know" files.... did you know, I've panned for gold in Anchorage Alaska, and Dahlonega Georgia (and have the gold from both!). Just a tidbit. And now, the news not fit to print: For Carrie: Pampered Canadian poodle survives after 42 days in the wild. With terrifying pic! Trafalgar Square unveils a new cutting-edge, fruit-based public art masterpiece: A pile of 30,000 bananas. Harry Chapin unavailable for comment (30,000 pounds of bannana's) French police clear 125 miles of road for motorist with cruise control stuck at 120 mph. Motorist manages to stop car with revolutionary technique called "braking" Sent to me by michelle: Fugitive Captured When Car On Jacks Doesn't Move! And for the guys out there (especially you Colin), the Hot Women Final Four! And just a few funny headlines from this morning: Humvees with frickin' lasers on their heads. Sharks surrender Impatient shopper straps jet engine to grocery cart Forty percent of medical students believe sex with patients is okay U.S. Air Force develops microwave ray for attacking enemy ground troops, in other news Iraqi insurgents find actual use for tin foil hats Truckload of limes overturns on California interstate. Police setting up spikestrips nearby for the Jose Cuervo and Morton's Salt trucks Elementary school has kids selling lingerie door to door to raise money for school. Mrs. Robinson is pleased Puppet receives fatal NC-17 rating for oral splinter act Former Sesame Street animator caught in underage sex sting. Do you know what Elmo is thinking about now? Canadian submarine issues distress call off Irish coast. In other news, Canada has submarines Have a great Wednesday all! |