My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Wednesday, November 24, 2004
TGIW! Yep, Thank Goodness it's Wednesday! Unless I feel industrious, there may be no blog again till Monday. I hope you all have a wonderful Thankgiving day! Once again, I should have a good busy day today, so it'll fly by. Tonight, we need to start getting the house in shape tonight for tomorrow, and the smell of Turkey is very much looked forward to tomorrow morning! This is one of my favorite times of year. If it just weren't for the traffic and idiots shopping.. *frown* So, my daughter comes to see me yesterday. Says her best friend is looking for a vacation place in January, and Sarah tells her "Ask my dad, he's the "travel guru" of the house", then proceeds to tell her friend that there was just a sale on 6 nights in London, air and hotel for $299. Her friend says "But I don't know how to speak French". Long pause. Sarah, biting her tongue says, "French? ENGLAND.. ENGLISH.. ENGLAND.. ENGLISH!" to which her friend says.. "But don't they all speak French there?" Yes friends.. her friend IS blonde. Where's everyone going for Turkey Day tomorrow? (I know Carrie's working cause she's a Canadian, but she's already HAD her Thanksgiving!) Hey, have you all seen this picture before? It's from 1954, from the Rand company of what THEY believe a "home computer" could look like in 2004. I think it's hilarious! (and what's the big wheel for?) Well, time for the news not fit to print: And in the last of the "Odd things you can buy at Target", Look at the fine print under "Old Stuff"! Benihana Chef charged with man's death by errant shrimp toss. Film at 11 Muggers threaten to rape daughters of single dad. Dad figures they can't do much raping if they've been squished by his SUV SUV - 1, Robbers - 0 Friday afternoon, man declares bankruptcy. Friday evening, man wins largest single-person jackpot in New York lottery history This one's for my brother.... I KNEW IT! Australia's most dangerous road named. They call it Bruce! I need to join The US Beer Drinking Team! Scientists are studying what could be first ever photo of actual meteor impacting Earth (with photo, obviously) And because this is my Friday.. here's My BOTD! Have a Happy Thanksgiving All! |