My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Tuesday, November 30, 2004
 
Truck back to normal.... after 2 tries

Ok, so here's the story:

Friday, I scheduled my Toyota 4Runner for it's 60,000 checkup (has 58,900 on it now) and told them, out of 18 things to do, NOT to do 3 (Oil Change, Air Filter and Tire rotation). They DID 2 of the remaining 15, but I didn't notice yet as the bill was $175 for what they did. They DID replace a seal in the back somewhere that was under warranty (till 60,000 miles), and had to replace the brake pads because they leaked onto the brakes. This meant they had to re-surface the drums too.

Taking the truck home, I noticed a very bad shudder in the brakes as I slowed down. Thinking this may go away, I just went home and hoped it'd get better. Saturday afternoon, I went out and it only got worse. Now, I had to take the truck back yesterday, and take a day off.

I walk in, and tell them not only about the brakes (and said I wanted a service manager to test drive it), but about the 15 things they neglected to do, and about how I had to take another day off of work. They swear they'll take care of it and for the other 15 things, charge me the bare minimum. (it's fair)

I get a call at noon, that the drums are warped. They're going to replace them, all free (of course idiots). I get another call at 3pm, stating that my front brakes are 90% gone, and do I want to replace them. I ask, why didn't they check that Friday? Now, I'm pissed but tell them to do it.

I pick up my truck, it's fine now, BUT the bill's $280. I get home and read the bill and I'm seething that they called me at 3pm, truck was ready at 4, and charged me $130 for labor for brakes in front. $130/hour!!!!!

I call and rant to the service person, he sends me to the manager and I rante heavily at him. He asks, "what do you want me to do". Now, I don't want to be greedy and ssy "I want cash", so I nicely say, "that's for you to decide, if anything". Then, I proceed to tell him, after a major cluster fuck like this, it'd been nice if he at least WASHED my truck as a token of some kind. I hang up and call my salesman there and tell him what happened (we've bought lots of cars there). When I hang up, Manager calls me back, offering me a bunch of money back, AND to have my truck fully detailed. I counter with one more thing I want (for my wife's car, something small) and he agrees.

What a nightmare.

And now, the news not fit to print:

It soon will be illegal to pilot an airplane while drunk in Pennsylvania. No more keggers in the Piper, honey

The world's first known piece of printed pornography to be auctioned off. Pages still stuck together

Woman, paralyzed for 20 years, walks after stem-cell treatment

Real-time airport status information. If only you had this last week

And if you read The DaVinci Code:
Knights Templar seek apology from the pope for persecution 700 years ago

Scientists discover something cool about the universe, but I'm not quite sure what because my head exploded after the first paragraph

Dear Abby, I let my 16-year-old daughter attend a frat party where something bad happened. Am I a complete dumbass?

CARRIE! Are they talking about you?
The Greatest Canadian will soon be revealed. Americans shrug their shoulders, liken it to "Best Runner-Up" or "Most Competitive Silver Medalist"

Have a great day all!