My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Monday, December 06, 2004
An Eventful Weekend for Sure... Friday night we went out to dinner with 2 friends I used to work with at Chuck's Steak House, and had a wonderful time. I hope we can do it again soon as I so enjoy spending time with my friends from where I used to work. Saturday, I took my truck in for the "Free" detailing they promised me. When I picked it up, it looked like a NEW truck. They even shsmpoo'd the interior and carpets. Saturday night, it was the Christmas Party at Charlie's house with our friends Ray and Debbie. Now, Charlie is the head of this "Wine club" that Ray and Debbie belong to, and there's a bunch of real nice people in it. Charlie was nice enough to invite us to his house, as we've been to a couple of the wine events as guests of the hosts. Everyone brought at least 2 bottles of wine, so there was lots to try and enjoy, plus enough food for double the 20 people they had there. Everyone brought something, so I brought my famous Antipasto Squares that went over great. About 2 hours into the party, Charlie said the 8 words I had waited to hear. "Do you want to see my wine cellar?" So, about 10 of us go down his basement, and he opens the door to the specially made room. Three and a half walls of wine, floor to ceiling. At least 300 bottles with a square table in the middle, and a plastic tablecloth over it. Just enough room for the 10 of us around the table as Charlie starts grabbing bottles and opening them. From a 1986 Merlot, to wines I've never even heard of.. we must have open3ed at least 6 bottles before we figured we'd better get back upstairs. All in all, it was a great party. Sunday went pretty normally, until around dinner time when I went to get my daughter for dinner, and found her crying on her bed. Seems like her boyfriend of quite some time now, broke up with her. My baby's heart is shattered, and there's so little I can do to help. *sigh* Bruce, call me this morning when you can please at work. And now, the news not fit to print: Colorado Rockies pitcher Danny Neagle arrested for speeding pantsless down highway with prostitute riding shotgun and occasionally him Women goes to animal shelter to exchange frozen dog for new one Ok, try to keep up: Woman who was going to marry her boyfriend of 10 years until she found him boinking her daughter is now the mother-of-the-bride to girl who boinked her mother's boyfriend for two years before she found out Proving that God is indeed merciful, Green Bay area churches change Christmas Eve mass times to accommodate Packer/Viking fans Everything you wanted to know about Twinkies! Ya know Carrie.. the weirdest things happen in Canada.. Irate hockey mom lifted her blouse, revealed her bra and taunted fans of the opposing team by shaking her breasts -- at her 11-year-old's hockey game Ambulanceman tried to pick up prostitute Godzilla fans refuse retirement for Japan's monster hero And a couple of jokes, to start your day with a smile: LITTLE girl in Church: "Why is the bride dressed in white?" Mum: "White is the colour of joy, and today is most joyful day of her life." Little girl: "Then why is the groom wearing black?" WHAT do you give a woman who's got everything? Penicillin. And that's it for now... have a nice day. |