My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Wednesday, December 22, 2004
 
Last Day of Work Before Christmas!

Yep, today should go nice and quickly.. then I'm off till next Monday.

My daughter had some friends over last night for her birthday party.. and it was nice. For a moment at least, she forgot about her broken heart.

We got invited to our friends Ray and Debbie's house for a New Years Eve party again this year. It's good for us, as it's real close to our house, and they always throw outstanding parties.

I'll probably get up and post a blog tomorrow morning.. *S* though it may be late.

Tomorrow, I have some work early on a website I'm designing for my friend from Georgia, then out for just a bit of shopping. THEN.... I have to start wrapping. I can't believe how far behind I am on that! *frown*

Before my news articles, I'm going to leave you with one of my favorite stories that truely hits to heart in the holiday season.

Kiss in a box


The story goes that some time ago, a man punished his 3-year-old daughter for wasting a roll of gold wrapping paper. Money was tight and he became infuriated when the child tried to decorate a box to put under the Christmas tree. Nevertheless, the little girl brought the gift to her father the next morning and said, "This is for you, Daddy."

He was embarrassed by his earlier overreaction, but his anger flared again when he found the box was empty. He yelled at her, "Don't you know that when you give someone a present, there's supposed to be something inside it?" The little girl looked up at him with tears in her eyes and said, "Oh, Daddy, it is not empty. I blew kisses into the box. All for you, Daddy."

The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little girl, and he begged for her forgiveness. It is told that the man kept that gold box by his bed for years and whenever he was discouraged, he would take out an imaginary kiss and remember the love of the child who had put it there. In a very real sense, each of us as humans have been given a gold container filled with unconditional love and kisses from our children, friends, family. There is no more precious possession anyone could hold.


And now, the news not fit to print:

Ok all you pervs... Turning cell phones into sex toys was "a natural progression," says editor with humming pants

Mystery Martian cleans US space buggy, asks if it has any spare change

So far no one has conquered Scotland's 10 pound burger

Homeless Man Sells `Titanic' Artifact For $10K

And if you missed it last night, check out Crank Yankers Christmas Special. Click on the video of "Special Ed", looking for "Frosty the Reindeer". It's HILARIOUS!

And with that... have a great day all. Work calls...