My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Monday, December 13, 2004
Monday Once Again... Well, it's Monday.. another week closer to Christmas. 10 more shopping days! It was an uneventful weekend for me. Just normal stuff. My friend Ray asked me to take his dog (Buck) out for him as they were going away for a couple of days. Now, when buck was brought home, they stopped at our house to show him to us, and "the puppy" had no name. When they pulled in, I was watching "Uncle Buck" on TV with John Candy. This dog had the same brown hair and happy demeanor as John Candy, so I called him "Buck" and he came running to me (jumping in the grass as if it were something new to him (it was)). When I tried to go back in the house for something, he whined until I took him with me. The name Buck stuck! So, other than that.. I did a bit of Christmas shopping, but I'm just about done really. Went to see mom yesterday, and she drops the bomb that she's getting sattelite TV next week. My brother and I had begged her not to get digital tv as it's too complicated. This is the woman that when the phone rings, picks up the tv remote and tries to answer. Or tries to change channels with the phone. When her VCR dies, we have to get the most simple one, tape off buttons she's not supposed to use, and give written directions to (and still that doesn't work sometime). Life's about to get a bit more interesting. I think we'll start screening our calls. You guys know how much I love "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" on Sunday nights. Check out the home from last night! I LOVE THE HOUSE! Also, Elton John donated the piano he uses in his shows in Vegas to the family. What a story it was. And now, the news not fit to print: Nova Scotia fishermen catch a shark that would make Quint crap his pants (pic goodness) For Vadergrrrl: When stormtroopers go bad Does this surprise anyone? Michael Jackson and his accuser's fingerprints found on porno mag. Michael says, "Just beat it" For sale: The world's first off-road, redneck motorhome Not all superheroes are created equal. In fact, some of them can be considered super dumb concepts. And that's all for today.. have a great one! |