My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Thursday, December 30, 2004
 
On Holidays, Natural Disasters and Other ramblings...

I'm a big fan of holidays. It gives you time away from work, time to see family and friends, and "re-charge" the batteries. We should all take advantage of the time to get some R&R, and smile. Me, I'll be smiling a lot this weekend, as next year's a big year for me. It'll be my wife and mine's 25th anniversary (wow, has it been that long?), and with any luck, I'll be buying myself a Corvette this year. That last part, will depend a lot on the person I'm having the 25th with! I hope everyone has a 2005 to look forward to as I do.

The Tsunami that rocked Southeast Asia, is just about unimaginable to me. Close to a hundred thousand people killed! Thank goodness Kev's alright, he posted in yesterday's comments. Here's some images of the aftermath..
One more thing, people that complain that the US is stingy when it comes to helping out, should realize that we're also sending billions rebuilding Afganistan, and Iraq right now! The well DOES have a bottom you know! Damn! When 9-11 happened, how much money did other countries send? We got a lot of sympathy cards... but cards won't put children through college. Cards won't build new buildings. Cards won't help pay the bills for families where the bread-winner lost their lives.
nuff said.

Well, there may be no blog tomorrow as I'll be sleeping in, so I hope you all have a wonderful New Years Eve! Don't drink and drive!

And now, the news not fit to print:

Where will it all end? A Sydney man has pocketed £415 - after auctioning a piece of breakfast cereal resembling ET

How to keep your Champagne "Bubbly"!

Why spend $200 an hour lying on a couch telling your troubles to a therapist when you can get the same benefits by renting a movie?

There actually IS Amateur Video of the Tsunami! Wow.....

Now here's a funny video for you!

Well, it seems part of the net is down this morning and I can't get to my normal "weird news" sites... so that's all I have for now.

Have a great, long weekend all!