My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Wednesday, March 23, 2005
Back to work... *cough, cough* Yep, I have bronchitis. Went to see the doctor Monday afternoon. I felt this coming on, last Thursday. Felt awful Thursday night, and was in bed at 7pm. Friday, I really wanted to feel good, as we were going to take a half day off (some friends from work, and my friend Ray), and go see UCONN play at a sports bar for some beer and wings. I made it through the game, but at 5pm, I felt like hell. I went home, stayed up for maybe an hour and collapsed into bed. Then, it settled in my chest. Coughing, wheezing.. *frown*. Monday, I stayed home and went to see the doctor. He gave me some drugs, and cough syrup that I can't take at work (makes me drowsy), and the rest, you know. I just wanted to curl up on the couch all weekend, but I had to go out twice. Once, as our kitchen fawcett died, so I went to Home Depot and got a new one that my friend Dave installed for me. It's one of those new fancy ones that pulls out from the stalk. Sunday, my wife begged me to go with her to see a formal couch and loveseat she found, as she has a gift card from a bonus she got at work that she has to use up. My daughter drove, and I grudgingly went. I liked what she showed me and said "buy it". Then, we got into the typical wife of mine. "Well... I'm not sure........" which really ticks me off. My daughter and I told her to just get it.. she's the one that picked it out, but she's SO afraid of spending money.. *groan*. She ended up buying it, but cancelling it the next day because she was too nervous. She was up all night worried about a darn couch. She drives me nuts sometimes. More tomorrow. Here's the news: 2 Just for you Carrie: Canadian accused of driving drunk blames liquor-filled candies Canadian hospital to person with heart problem: "We can see you in three months, and if the person named on this computer-generated letter is deceased, please accept our sincere apologies" Darwin visits Alabama.... The only seven-star hotel in the world (pics). Trump seen taking notes That's it for today... have a good one, and thanks for the good wishes! |