My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Tuesday, March 01, 2005
From 90 degrees, to snow! Yep, I've just gotten used to the 90 degree days, and I get back to snow, snow and more snow!!!! More on the trip: The airport at Liberia, Costa Rica is hilarious. It's an oversized hut with a fabric roof! Open air and all. Oh, and there was no "jetway", so they wheeled up the stairs for us to get off the plane. The ride to the resort was about 40 minutes, and it looked great, even in the dark. Getting to our room, we immediately turned on the A/C as it was about 80 still.. and after 20 minutes, it started leaking water all over. Called service, and they came in about 20 minutes and fixed it up. Never had a problem with the room again. The next morning, we headed down to breakfast.. a nice, short walk from the room down to pool level. The food was outstanding, with lots of choices, inculding a person making any kind of eggs/omlettes you'd like. There was always an abundance of fruit available, that was just perfectly ripe and sweet. The coffee was fantastic, if a bit strong. After breakfast, we found our lounge chairs we had staked out earlier by the pool, and rested for a bit before taking a dip in the huge pool. The pool-bar opened at 10am, and I'm happy to say I opened it every day I was at the resort! *S* (you have to have SOME priorities you know!) More tomorrow.... and here's a bit of news: Chicago residents surprised to find flying squirrels in town. More surprised by large talking moose in vicinity being pursued by foreign spies It looks like Kobe's accuser is willing to settle for big moolah... isn't that what she wanted all along? This is interesting. Who thinks they own what, in Antarctica Bubba, you people down yonder are way too weird! Nude Man Covered in Nachos Gets Probation That's it for today... have a great one! |