My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Wednesday, March 09, 2005
 
Wacky Weather!

First, Sorry Mike, you're right. Last night the UCONN Women played RUTGERS, not Notre Dame, and won easily to become the Big East Champions.

So, it rained yesterday morning, but in the space of 30 minutes, the temp dropped 12 degrees, and the snow came down. HARD. There was blizzard/white-out conditions for most of the afternoon, including the evening rush hour. It took me 1 hour and 15 minutes to go what normally takes me 25 minutes to go! The roads were all ice, with packed snow atop. I've never seen the highway I take home go so slow.
And it's supposed to snow again on Friday *frown*

Other than that, the big news is that I registered another domain name yesterday. Yep, I am now the proud owner of http://www.pcgeekweb.com ! I even hosted it through godaddy.com, and it's really a great deal. Right now there's just a placeholder page there, but I'll put something up there soon. Well, I did put ONE thing up there, the godaddy super bowl commercial (the long version). Warning, it's 7+MB in size, but it's great.

And now, the news not fit to print:

Man gets pot back from police along with apology

A man with six months to live is told by an Italian court to come back in 14 months to hear the outcome of his case

Man takes plane on joyride. Probably would have gotten away with it, except he forgot to lower the gear for landing
As my friend Neal told me once... it's not IF you'll ever have a wheels up landing, it's WHEN! *L*

Seems like there's one of these every day now!
Female teacher, 33, found naked with 17-year-old male student. No charges to be filed. Welcome to South Carolina

Ok, people in the Philippines are just plain NUTS!
Man cuts off own penis, eats it. Hospital spokesman: "If you cut your sex organ and then eat it, then something is wrong with you"

Speaking of penises,
Researchers believe they have found King Tut's penis, missing since 1968

Even I know enough not to drink THIS much tequila!
Man wins tequila-drinking contest, Darwin Award on the same night

And that's the news... have a great Hump Day all!