My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Tuesday, March 15, 2005
 
Why do I blog?

Someone asked me yesterday, "Why do you blog"?
When I began blogging, in April of 2003, it was to release some "angst", over my son turning 18, and thinking he was the "master of the universe" and that he'd be able to do any darn thing he wanted to. I was quite upset over it, and the blog was a good outlet for how I felt (many people blog for some kind of release of emotions as I understand it).
It was also a place to talk about my dad's cancer, and how it scared me, and our family.
Well, almost two years later, he finally got his tongue pierced, and a lot of water has passed beneath the bridge.
Originally, there may have been 1 or 2 people that read my blog, now there may be a dozen or so. Some, I've never physically met, but they're friends just the same.
Now, I write my blog, with a sense of "normalcy". Like it's something to do every (work)day, and while I probably don't "need" to write it, I enjoy it. I enjoy making people laugh at the wacky news, and try to keep them up to date with what's going on in my life. Some may choose to skip over my life, some may not.

That's why I blog.

And now, the news:

Thanks to Aaron for the next one:
From Colorado, it's Frozen Dead Guy Days!

The 100 Greatest TV Theme Songs List with write-ups and multimedia links (My favorite is still WKRP in Cincinattti)

Mars Spirit Rover gets unsolicited cleaning of solar panels. Aliens with dirty rag, spray bottle demanding at least a dollar

Problem: Business slogan too long to advertise on the side of any normal dog. Solution: Peanut the Wiener Dog billboard

Finally, a technological advance for the athlete who wants amaretto-scented balls

Ok, this is probably the absolute funniest thing I've ever posted here. Please visit and read the article.
Washington town auctioning off the privilege - nay, the HONOR - of presiding over a testicle-cooking contest

That's all for today... have a great one!