My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Wednesday, May 18, 2005
Hump-Day... and other things... First, let me answer michelle's question yesterday. Yes. *S* (although I don't think you'd mind) *LOL* More "Typical" computer users: 6. The "Internal Junk Mailer". This is the person that HAS to CC you on everything, and send you every poor joke, and spam email they get. 7. Users that think part of my job is to spend my lunch break telling them how to fix their home PC's without ever seeing it. Yes, this happens WAY too often. (I wish I had a dollar for every time this happened) 8. Users that complain about not being able to use that new application because they couldn't take the time to attend the training session because "It was their turn to make the coffee", or some other lame excuse. This happens WAY more often than you think. 9. Being summoned to a user's office on an urgent call, only to be left waiting while they're on the phone on a personal call. "Oh yeah, Timmy's getting so big. We should get together for a playdate.. what do you think? blah, blah, blah..." all while I seethe while waiting. 10. The Liar. "Honest, I rebooted and it still doesn't work". I do a CTRL-ALT-DEL and see that he/she's been logged on for 200 days in a row, and lied about rebooting. Go figure. In honor of Star Wars this week, and my young Padawan Curt: There is a tremor in the force this week. I feel it calling to me, singing as a song carried on the ether from star to star, stretching and compressing as it goes. My finger taps at my lightsaber unconsciously as my senses are heightened. My Master Palpatine (boss) is telling me of the great power of this software named Siemens.. and I try to explain, "The power of Siemens is nothing compared to the power of the force", and then when one of his minions babbles foolishly to try to correct me, I disembowel him as an inspiration of faith, his eyes bulging out like a squashed bug, the others soiling themselves in fear. and yet, the singing continues.. I know not where for it comes.. (more to come) The end of this week's going to be quiet. Aaron's on vacation, Carrie's on vacation.. lets see how many comments I get now! *L* Hey Bruce, when are you going to see Star Wars?? Oh well, on to the news: Here's a list of some of the new shows for fall, and some that didn't make it. And check this out.. they're re-making Kolchak! Does anyone remember Kolchak, the Night Stalker? Hey Colin, here's a good one for you! Court comes down soft on fractured penis suit (happened in Massachusetts) This is too funny Thirteen-year-old steals car, uses 12-pack of Bud Light to see over steering wheel Ok ladies, get your orders in now! Coming soon: 300-carat diamonds. Your girlfriend will never be satisfied I think I'm going to go to College.... U. of Iowa offers pornography course. Who could possibly object? That's it for today... Enjoy! |