My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Thursday, May 12, 2005
On memory loss, growing old, and the Power of IT Last first, yes Curt, it has to be all the IT power we wield that keeps me awake at night *chuckling*... it's easy to abuse you know and go over to the dark side. The ability to give access, or take it away is awe-inspiring, and not to be used maliciously. Yes.. wield the power we do.. it's enough to make women and small children cower in fear... amazing. Growing old.. yep, we all are. Sometimes I feel it, other times I still feel like I'm in my 20's. Is this what my "second childhood" is? I'm looking for my Corvette, and while I've found the car I want, I need a garage to keep it in and it seems like nobody on the planet has one to rent. It's always a struggle for something simple it seems. Never had these problems when I was younger. Just once lately, I'd like something to go easy for me. I was testing something the other day, and created another blog completely seperate from these that I own. As soon as I logged out, I immediately forgot.. ok, get this.. both the username AND the password! *LOL* On the other hand, yesterday, I stopped at Dunkin Donuts for a coffee on the way to work, saw a guy I hadn't seen since childhood (big jock type, made it in baseball, basketball and football), and said his name in an instant! I think I need Ginko, or Kinko.. or something! *L* Moving right along, it's a gorgeous day so far out. Temp is around 65 and sunny. Hey Mike Hertz, you still reading this? How about you Bubba??? What's going on down in 'Kin-tucky'? Now, for the news: Woman, 70, survives 9 story fall! And yet Aaron, another reason to go to Canada: "Sea of beer" shuts down major Canadian Highway If you read one, it has to be this one! Anna Nicole Smith gets drunk, high and makes an ass of herself in Hollywood club. World gasps in shock, didn't expect that one. (with pic) Yo Curt, what's the matter with you NC people! Residents of Henderson, NC disturbed to find a new 17-foot statue that features a woman's legs spread eagle on Welcome Avenue (with pic) Have you no appreciation for ART! Enjoy the day...! |