My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Tuesday, May 31, 2005
 
Thank goodness it's not Monday!

Well, the weekend went by way to quickly.
Friday night, I noticed a Corvette in the newspaper down in New London (where our Sub base is), called the guy, and my friend Ray and I went to see it Saturday afternoon.
It was at a small car-dealer's lot, had every single option available, but looked... "worn". Tiny nicks in the paint, seats kinda worn a bit, and it only had 15000 miles on it. Me, I was excited as heck, and overlooked a lot of things (that's why I bring Ray). I took it for a test drive, and it was obvious the owner of the place didn't know much about Vette's. Driving home, we talked about this car.. and even though it was one of the lowest priced ones I'd seen, it simply wasn't well taken care of.

Sunday, I went to a friends house to watch the Indy 500. Now THAT, was a great race and I'm not that much of a race fan. Had a great afternoon of racing, and watched a bit of the NASCAR race before heading h ome.

Monday, Ray, my son and I went to see the Vette that I linked to on Friday.
As the guy backed this car out of the garage, it was incredibly clear that this car was immaculate. We looked and looked and looked for even one flaw on this car, and couldn't find a thing. Even the inside of the wheels, behind the spokes were so clean, you could eat off of them. This car, literally could have been sitting on the showroom floor new. Not even the tiniest nick from rocks kicking up.
Well, I took it for a ride with the owner, then took my son for a short ride.. thanked the guy for his time and told him I'd get back to him soon.
Here's a pic I took with my digital cam of the car
The interior is just as clean, and still had that "new car smell".
I may make him an offer today... we'll see.
Those of you that know me best (my brother, Dave.. etc) will know that the purchase of anything over $100 in my house always means World War III, and this time was no different. ~shrug~

Other than that, the weather was gorgeous this weekend with rain only at nights. Today, supposed to be gorgeous again..

A big HI to Kev, a long ago reader that's gone missing for a while, but who recently emailed me. I hope you come to read again!

And now, on to the news:

Pentium-D debuts with amazing dual-core technology capable of Warp 9, nifty holodeck

Amazing Mermaid Baby born in Peru! (no, it's not from The World Inquisitor, it's from CNN!

DAMN IT AARON, WHY DIDN'T WE THINK OF THIS???
Brooklyn man sets out on pilgrimage to visit 1,000 bars in one year
The worst part is...
he's HALFWAY DONE ALREADY!

Yo, Bubba.. this happen to you?
Mom charged with hiring stripper for 16-yr-old son's birthday; Tom Cruise, Rebecca De Mornay unavailable for comment

My daughter will LOVE this one!
James Spader to sleep with William Shatner in upcoming Boston Legal episode. And lo, the seas did run red as blood, and the moon became black as sackcloth, and there was a great weeping and gnashing of teeth

And that's it for today... enjoy your day..!