My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Monday, June 20, 2005
Mondays Suck..... and bad news While having lunch on Friday, I got a call from my brother that my dad was rushed to the hospital, not being able to eat, drink and having a hard time breathing, besides not being able to walk well. I left work a bit early, and went to the hospital where he was still in the emergency room at almost 3pm, after arriving at about 9:30am. Skipping to the main stuff, he got admitted, he's still in there now and breathing better, though, to see him... you'd be amazed at how skinny he is. We went to see him yesterday for Fathers day.. and his spirits are up a bit.. but I'm still worried about him. One of the nurses started talking to him about a feeding tube and he REALLY doesn't want that.. although it'll help him gain weight and get stronger. So, we're trying to talk him into it, and I believe the doctor will talk to him today about it. Moving along... other than that, the weekend was not too bad. Went to the wine tasting Saturday night, did what is called a "vertical tasting", where the same wine, but different vintages are tasted. This time, it was an Oregon Pinot Noir, years 2000, 2001 and 2002. The difference between them were startling. For Fathers Day, my daughter got me a beautiful Corvette hat that I wanted, and my son mentioned that he has something on order for me. Too tired to continue this morning, so I'm going straight to news: Actual letter from cheerleaders caught pooping on pizza New York hopes to attract more beer drinkers by offering a beer trail, vacation itineraries, 'I Love NY Beer' bumper stickers Two F-15E crews pick on Eurofighter, get asses handed right back The Coolest RV Pictures you'll EVER see! Thats' it for today... enjoy... |