My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Thursday, June 16, 2005
Rain, Rain everywhere.... Yep, the weather broke, it was no higher than 65 yesterday, and looks the same today, except for the rain. Kinda makes me wish I had worn a long sleeved shirt today.. *chuckle* Ever notice what today we pay for, that used to be "free"? Broadcast TV Yep, we never paid for Cable, or Sattelite TV.. we watched using a piece of metal on our rooves called an antenna. Sometimes the picture was snowy, but it was still a marvel. Nowadays, we pay quite a bit of money for 150 channels of digitally enhanced television, when in fact we can only watch one at a time. Air for our tires at service stations Yep, today, they charge us a quarter for air. Go figure. Used to be at a gas station, that an attendent used to put it in for you too! Glasses in your clothes-washing detergent Of course, all detergent back then was powdered too. Nowadays, you don't get a thing free from them. Where am I going with this? I was thinking, after watching an "XM Radio" commercial last night, that I wonder if broadcast radio is eventually going to go the way of broadcast TV. Think about it.... we may all have to pay for our radio in the future. Just something my idle mind thought about. On to the news: Glue spill on highway slows traffic. In other news, some headlines write themselves Teacher in trouble after insisting that he needed all of his female students to go topless. For instructional purposes, of course Man says that he cut off his penis because he could not keep up with the insatiable sex demands of his wife This is the MUST SEE of the day! (my brother sent me this a few days ago) Triumph The Insult Dog is back and he has a boy to pick with Michael Jackson fans (hit Watch Now on page) Enjoy your day... |