My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Wednesday, June 22, 2005
 
Some Good News, Some Bad News...

The good news is:

My dad's coming home today! Yep, he looks a LOT better than when he went in the hospital, he's eating a lot better, and he's happy to be going home. I just hope he keeps eating well at home.

Secondly, I paid off the Corvette yesterday! No more loan on it, I own it outright!!!

On the bad news side:

My bud Curt had a NASTY fall in work, and broke his shoulder. From what he told me, he tripped over one of those area rugs they put in offices that are either for wiping snowy boots on (hardly likely in North Carolina in June), or to hide a stained or ripped carpet. Well, one end was riding up, and he hit it and down he went. The ball part of his arm where it goes into the socket broke in 4 pieces. He was shipped to Charlotte, and operated on to repair it, but he'll be out of work for at least 6-8 weeks. He's recouperating at home, and he told me he has one of those chairs that when you "mash the button", it helps you out of the chair! *LOL* (I love the term "Mash the button")
Get well soon bud....
(Thanks to Bubba for emailing me Curt's phone #)

My daughter (the school teacher) is off for the summer. I envy her.... but she's worked through the summer since she's been 16, so she deserves some rest.

Has anyone seen the outstanding deals going on for Disney World lately? They're running a deal right now, 5 nights, 6 days at a value resort, park tickets and the meal plan, for $459! Air is coming out to $182 round trip for a non-stop flight! The wife and I may go... even if just to relax and walk around seeing old favorites.

Well, work's calling, so on to the news:

Human Pac-Man... who'da thunk!

Here's a link for Aaron:
For those that like BIG sailboats...

Monk attempts to perform exorcism on nun by tying her to cross, stuffing towels into her mouth and leaving her without food for three days. Jailarity ensues (man, it's tough to be a nun in Romania!)

Non-New Zealander caught having sex with with sheep

Here's one for Colin:
Alligator caught in creek. Its only really newsworthy when it happens in Massachusetts

And here's a GREAT story!
Wife gets sweet revenge on flirting husband by selling expesive sports car on Ebay for less than $1. Suprisingly it sold really fast!

That's all for today... enjoy your day!