My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Monday, June 27, 2005
Tiring Weekend Indeed..... Where do I start??? Friday night, the wife and I got in the Vette and took a ride to the "Berlin Turmpike", a long, straight road known for many years for cool car cruising.. where they had a "Cruise Night" at a local Hooters Restaurant. Once there, we walked around and looked at all the nice cars (there were 24 Vettes there), and just hung out for a bit, before leaving and meeting Aaron and his daughters for an ice cream (it was only a few miles to his house). Saturday, I got up early, washed the Vette and drove it to a friend's house about 25 miles away. Gil is the guy I bought my first Vette from, and I hadn't told him about this one yet. His eyes bugged out when he saw mine, and loved it! We talked for a bit, then I headed out to a large car show only about 2 miles from his house. I paid the $5 admmission for my car, and parked it.. and wiped off any bugs that accumulated on the front. Walking around, I saw a lot of beautiful cars, and met some nice people. I picked up my "goodie bag" when I registered, and upon looking inside, there was at least $25 worth of goodies, including a full sized bottle of Meguires Quik Detailer, that alone was worth about $8. The day began getting incredibly hot and humid (was supposed to be one of the hottest of the summer), so I left after about 1.5 hours. All in all, I had a great day. Yesterday, it was the usual go to see mom and dad.. he's doing a lot better now, ever so slowly gaining weight. At about 5:30pm yesterday, the power went out in half the house (including A/C and stove). Turns out, half of the 220 coming into the house was gone, so only one side of the circuit panel was working, and it was VERY hot yesterday too. So, after quite a few calls to the power company, they came out around 9pm to fix it. Seems a wire had broken from pole to pole. By 11, the power was back, and I took a quick shower but then couldn't sleep as I was so refreshed from the shower! So... I got to sleep after midnight, and for some ODD reason my alarm woke me up about 30 minutes early and I didn't know it till I walked out the door *frown*. So... I need a nap badly today. And now, the news: Removal of bees not covered by insurance. 450 pounds of honey soon to appear on e-bay UConn introduces Homeland Security degree. Students seen sneaking gas masks, duct tape into finals This guy musta been a redneck: School janitor finds grenade, pulls pin to see what would happen. Many tears follow Just what we ALL wanted to know! Ten things you should do if you encounter a UFO Ok, when shooting an apple at a Serbian Wedding, do NOT use a shotgun! That's it for today... have a good one. |