My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Monday, June 06, 2005
What a weekend..... Weather-wise, it was the most perfect weekend. Sun shining, warm temps.. it was perfect. First of all, thanks for all your kind words from Saturday's post! *S* You have no idea how nervous I was driving my new car home from where I bought it. It was about a 70+ mile drive, and on the way home, one of the highways was stop and go. Here I was, worrying at every stop and go *laughing at myself*. Finally, I hit a different highway that was smooth sailing. I was so excited. I got home, showed the wife and she immediately says she "hates the color". I'm having a hard time getting her to come for a ride JUST because of the color. *frown* Can you see my balloon bursting from where you are? She finally agrees, and we go for a short ride. We go to her mom's house as she needed something we had at home and her mom loves the car. Saturday, I got up and went out with Sarah (my daughter) and bought some soap and a new thick soft mitt for washing the Vette, and did just that (washed it). I took my daughter for a nice ride, and she adores the car. I'll let her try driving it at some point, as I will my son, but only with me in the car *L*. At this point, the wife's going out of her way to complain about the color.. making me feel worse and worse till I finally told her to stop. I didn't want to hear about it ANY more. It's like she hates seeing me happy. I was on cloud 9 plus, and this was sucking all my happiness from it. Think of it. Driving along later, we see another yellow vette, this one a convertible, and she says "another idiot". At home, I ordered some of the very special wax that the people before me put on it (it does an incredible job). Moving right along, Saturday night, my friend Ray who owns this Cobra replica, decided to take our cars to the local car show. So, grudgingly, my wife goes because his wife does. Don't you know... some (excuse my language) fucking idiot kid spills soda on my car????? Luckily, I was prepared with things to wash/wipe it off. Otherwise, it was a great time and we had fun (at least I did). Sunday, I took my brother for a nice ride for bringing me to get the car. Then, I went over to Ray's house for a few, gave him a ride, over to Dave's house, gave him a ride.. *L* starting to sound familiar? I wasn't complaining! I loved driving this car! Wife and I took a long ride in the afternoon... it was so beautiful out, and she behaved for once, and when we got home, I took my son for a ride. Surprisingly, when I asked if he wanted to drive it, he said... "No, not right now". He wants me to enjoyh it first. There IS a nice kid in there! *LOL* Just kidding. So, this morning, I have VWS. (Vette Withdrawal Symptoms) *L* And on to the news of the day: Dear Sgt. Richardson: After our 6th grade class has sent you letters for months while you were bravely fighting for our country, we're deeply sorry that our principal is so horrible that she will not allow you to come in and thank us personally Mars Rover on the move again after finally getting out of sand trap with two-stroke penalty Lindsay Lohan's boobies too offensive to families, digitally reduced for new "Herbie" film Brett Ratner to direct third X-Men film That's it for today... enjoy your day! |