My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Wednesday, July 13, 2005
 
Hump-Day, and what was lost, is now found!

I've been kinda worried about shmoopsie (see poopie-shmoopsie's blog at left), as she hasn't posted in ages, and an email to her got bounced back as undeliverable. Well, she's ok, just busy (posted in the comments yesterday). Thanks for letting me know shmoops, and you ARE missed! *S*

Went out to dinner last night with my friend Ray who had quite a rough day. It's a long story, but I'll try to condense it a bit.
Ray owns this car, a Ford Cobra Replica, and the DMV (Motor Vehicle Dept) is giving him a VERY hard time.
Seems when he bought it, he mistakenly registered it as a 1995 Ford. When he goes for emmissions testing, it fails because there's no anti-pollution equipment on it. When he bought it, he had to trailer it to the DMV, brought along a mechanic that was familiar with the car, and spent a whole day there getting it registered. They grilled him and the mechanic about safety features, engine, brakes... everything. Now, he goes to emmissions, and they say they can't pass it or give him an exemption because it SHOULD have been registered as a "composite" car. Then, it would be exempt. So, they sent him to 3 different locations yesterday chasing his tail, and nobody would allow him to change the car from "Ford" to "Composite". Everyone points fingers, he's done everything he should, and they're telling him now, hie car isn't registered legally and he shouldn't drive it!
When he called me at 5pm last night, he was PISSED! His wive was away with a friend, kids are all gone, and he was going to go out to get something to eat.. so I offered to go with him to talk to him.
It turned out pretty good.. we had a wonderful dinner, talked a lot and he was much calmer when he got home. Wish there were more I could do... but I don't know anyone at DMV.

Other than that, dad has an appointment today where I work with an Infectious Disease (ID) doctor. Seems the infection in his cheek is pretty serious.

My daughter comes home from Colorado tonight... and I'm so glad, as I so miss her! She called every couple of days.. and is having a blast there.

Now, on to the news:

Women want bras with style rather than comfort. Men would simply prefer easier-to-open clips

This is great.. cause it happened less than a mile from where I work!
Expert in eating disorders and female self-esteem collapses in a supermarket after inhaling whipped-cream can propellant

BUBBA and CURT! You can DO this!
Dress like a cow this Friday and get a free combo meal at Chick-fil-A

Female (hottie) hockey player's mom requests co-ed change rooms. Team surrenders and returns to changeroom (with pics)

That's it for today... it's going to be a REAL busy one! Have a great Hump-Day!