My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Thursday, July 14, 2005
If I fall asleep... wake me up! Last night was a crazy one. My daughter's flight was delayed, and the people that were supposed to pick her up, couldn't go that late so she asked her brother to pick her up at the airport. So, he calls for the information, he's only 2 blocks away and I ask him to come home to get the info (plus I'd make sure he knows how to GET to the airport) and he says no. At this point I'm ready to go get her myself and pay the price today... but the wife talks me into letting him go, so I call him and give him the flight information. Well, we're lying in bed well after 11pm, and he calls, lost (her flight coming in 10 minutes later). He won't tell me where he is, but gives me a vague description and asks me what way to go. Now of course, the wife and I are up, and our hearts racing that she's going to get there with nobody in sight. I explain as best I can where to go, and he hurridly hangs up. I call back, again inquiring where he is and don't get a good answer. Now, I'm lying away swearing at myself for not going myself. He calls back later (I've lost track of time now), telling me he's pulled into the airport and all's ok. Daughter calls me, tells me she's in and I let her know he's on his way, and he just shows up. SO.. we get to sleep REAL late, and today I'm paying for it.... so, I'm going to take a half day today, to get some rest. (I have some time I have to use anyways before August) I'm real sad that the space shuttle didn't take off yesterday.... I so want it to go well and safely. When I was a kid, I remember all schools stopping work and turning on TV's to watch space-shots. Wake me if I fall asleep..... And now, the news: Stupid: Crooks using bank's drive-up window, sending holdup note through tube. Asinine: Teller sending $56,000 back to them BIG NEWS! Men don't mind seeing naked women Woman sues radio station over Hummer H2 giveaway prank that took place April 1st It may soon be illegal in Jakarta to kiss in public or wear penis gourds. Penis-gourd wearers of Indonesia outraged, want to protect penis gourd-wearing rights. Heh, penis gourd. Penis gourd penis gourd penis gourd How come we don't do this? In a move that can only promote road safety, 400,000 bottles of wine will be handed out at toll booths and along rural roads in southern France. Common sense surrenders Teen suffers cardiac arrest while riding Disney's Tower of Terror And finally, my link of the day. A brief explanation: The Hollow Face Illusion is probably one of the most amazing illusions we have come across. Plus this is Einstein Year. So... Grand Illusions has commissioned this particular version of the Hollow Face Illusion. This is a 1.5 times life size version of Albert Einstein's face, made from a very strong plastic. The mask can be stood up in a window and the whole face seems to follow you as you move around the room. Truly, an amazing illusion.. Click here for video. It's absolutely STUNNING! Have a great day all... |