My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Thursday, July 07, 2005
Kids... you can't tell them anything, you can't kill them (legally at least) I forgot to mention, my daughter left yesterday to visit a friend in Colorado. She and I get along so well, it's scary. It's what every father dreams of for a relationship with his daughter. My son, now there's another story. He's the most opinionated, hard to talk to person I've ever met. It seems even with the good life he has at home, his friends have SO much more. He wants to quit college after 2 years, and go to an automotive school. We've tried to tell him to get his bachelors degree first, because it's free, THEN go to this school, but no... all he can think about is girlfriends, hot cars and spending money. He can't save any money from week to week, and thinks he can live just fine on his own. Well, a big argument between my wife, him and I last night had him screaming and yelling that he knows everything as usual, and basically after trying to get him to calm down and "talk", instead of yelling he wouldn't and I told him to just go (out), but leave his car home. That always pisses him off royally, but guess what.. he'll talk to us with respect or pay the consequences. So, he gets ready to go, and tells us he'll see us tonight, as he won't come home. I wave bye and he goes. Now, this is a kid, that just an hour earlier told me he was going to go try to buy a "cold air intake" kit for his car, but owes me $50 that I gave him to cover his cell phone bill. When I was a kid and owed my parents money, I didn't get a french fries at McDonalds if I owed them money. So, needless to day, things at home are in turmoil. He's pushing us beyond the edge.. and I don't know what to do right now. He supposedly comes home at 10 tonight after work. We'll see what happens. And now, the news: German pilot lands small plane on top of speeding Porsche. Unfortunately, it wasn't a stunt for a movie Here's the science of it... Why Curt and Bubba talk funny! Honest Honey, I do it for my health! New beer to reduce effects of aging, make people look hotter than they really are Prince Albert admits he had a child with a stewardess. Also admits it would have been better to put it in her can That call to Dell support will soon more likely be answered in Oklahoma than in Bangalore (who knows if they'll be any easier to understand than people from India though!) Here's a truely interesting story: Energy Fields are now being used to repel man-eating Sharks. Sharks believed to be enquiring about fitting "laser beams" to their frickin' heads And that's it for today... enjoy your Thursday! |