My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Wednesday, July 27, 2005
Post 549 Another HHH day and worries about a friend Yep, today's supposed to be hotter than yesterday! The good news is, a cold front is coming through tonight so things should get better tomorrow. My bud Dave was taken to the hospital yesterday.. seems he had a persistent headache, then had problems with his arms either being cold or going numb (his wife was in a hurry to head to the hospital so I went over to watch their daughter, my God-Daughter). My daughter took over for me at their house when it got late (she's off for the summer) and she left me a note this morning that they couldn't find anything last night. I hope it doesn't happen again to him. How many of you watched the shuttle take off yesterday? I found a TV in work and turned it on... I love watching takeoff's. I sure hope they all come back safely too. That's about all that happened in my world yesterday.. I'm just relieved that Dave's back home and doing well. Hey PorterSR, what branch are you in bud? Keep up the good work over there and I like your blog! Oh, also... Take the "Citizenship Test" and see how you do! I got 90+ on it taking it 3 times (different questions). Now, to the news: Good Grief! Yet another mom arrested for having sex parties for her son And a post JUST for Karen! A quick drink brings some good vibrations as sex-toy vending machines are installed in pub. Who needs a bag of nuts? This was small enough, I wanted to put it all here. Things like this REALLY PISS ME OFF! Leading economic indicators: In June, Co-President Stephen S. Crawford of the financial giant Morgan Stanley (who was installed in the job in order to ensure management ''stability'' during the company's currently shaky status with investors) signed a two-year contract at $16 million a year which allowed him, if he changed his mind, to resign and promptly collect all $32 million. A few days later, he resigned. The ''stability'' was needed at faltering Morgan Stanley because longtime CEO Philip J. Purcell had just been eased out, but his contract called for $113 million in severance pay. Hey Colin, this is embarassing about your state! Road crew embarrassed after installing Alabama highway signs in Massachusetts. Residents more embarrassed that they never noticed Man killed in freak accident in haunted house. Police on the lookout for a focused, non-terminal, repeating phantasm or a Class Five full-roaming vapor. A really nasty one, too And that's it for today... stay cool! |