My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Tuesday, July 05, 2005
 
What a weekend.......

Well, weather-wise, it was probably the best 3 day weekend we've had in 20 years. Each day was mid 80's, no humidity.. and bright sunshine.

Friday, I took a half day off, and went to Dad's house with 2 movies he wanted to see, and we watched a movie together (the original War of the Worlds). He really enjoyed it, then went to take a nap and I headed out.

Friday night, Dave and I went to see Batman Begins. I give it a 8.5 out of 10, and it would have gotten another full point, but once more, he told his girlfriend who he was. Good grief, what is it with superhero movies and love affairs? Most of them (at least all the Batman movies), are 50/50 superhero movie, and love story (this one was 80% action, 20% love story). The best ones, like X-Men, have 10% love story, and 90% superhero movie. When will Batman writers learn?
Other than that, to me, it was the best Batman movie yet.

Saturday, I washed up the Vette, then put it back in the garage for a few, had lunch with mom-in-law, then ran a few errands, and stopped to see Mom and Dad. Took mom for a ride in the Vette, and she loved it!
Saturday night, we went out to dinner with Ray and Debbie and had a lot of fun.

Sunday, my wife, daughter and I had breakfast with Aaron and Carrie and some friends of Aaron's in a great breakfast place, then on the way home, we stopped to see mom and dad. Dad wasn't doing too good, and mom said not to go far, as the nurse was due at 1pm, and she wanted to see what the nurse would say. We were supposed to go see War of the Worlds with my friend Dave, his wife and some of his family but that wasn't going to work out.
Well, at 1:30, we took my dad to the emergency room as his cheek was infected again, and the nurse felt it vital to have it looked at. My dad was furious, and just getting him there was a chore. Once in the ER, the place was JAMMED with people!
The longer he waited, the madder he got.
We were sitting next to a woman with the cutest 15 month old boy ever. He was winking at me, and smiling... and 10 minutes later when I wasn't looking, she bolted for the ER door screaming he was having a seizure. Really puts things in perspective.
After 2 and a half hours of waiting, they finally got him in there where the physician's assistant thought he should be admitted. Dad was adament he wasn't going to stay, so, they gave him an intraveneous IV of antibiotics, and another bag of just liquid, and hours later, we were gone. All in all, we were there about 7 hours. As soon as Dad got home, he went to bed.

Monday, I took a short ride in the Vette with my daughter while my wife did things with her mom, and brought her back to our house for lunch. After lunch, when she went back home, the wife and I took a nice ride in the vette then came home to go to the movies. She and I went to see War of the Worlds last night, and there was only about 20 people in the theater. As a big fan of the original movie, this one rated about 3 out of 10. This isn't "War of the Worlds", this was "Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning on the run". There was very little resemblance of the original movie, if any, as the whole movie was about Tom Cruise trying to save his family. Nothing if at all about the "War" against the Aliens. Dakota Fanning, Tom's daughter in the movie, over-acted so badly, she wasn't even believable. I keep telling people, this was the normal "Tom Cruise" movie, oh, and I think there were aliens in it too. Again, I was quite disappointed, although, this movie was more like the book, than the original movie.

That's about it for my exciting weekend... how was yours?

On to the news:

This week's teacher/student sex coming to you from London
16-year-old student refuses to press charges against teachers for threesome

Can she be any more sickening?
Paris Hilton: "I'm the closest thing to American royalty anyway"

Let the REDNECK GAMES BEGIN!

Teens stretch industrial plastic wrap across roadway, not guessing the next vehicle along would be a motorcycle

And this is for all the women out there *laughing*
Good news guys, 2.76 inches is now "average", says study

And for my MUST READ of the day:
MovieJuice's review of War of the Worlds Here's a small sample:
I don't know about you, but if I had a technology so advanced I could reach Earth from millions of light years away, I'd design war machines that didn't walk on stiletto heels. Where's the cosmic common sense in that?

Have a great Tuesday...