My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Monday, August 01, 2005
Post 553 I need a 3 day weekend... or more! Yeah, these weekends seem to go by WAY too quickly lately *frown* Did any of you (that don't live in Connecticut) hear about the awful 20 car accident out here on Friday? It's about 4 miles from where I work and it was one of the most horrible I've ever seen in my life. It was on CNN, and all the major news networks on Friday. Friday night, my wife and I, Ray and Debbie went to a nice "cruise night" in Torrington, about 12 miles from my house, Ray with his Cobra and me with the Vette.. and had a great time. Ray even won a 4-pack of Armor All products without doing a thing! *LOL* He even may have had someone interested in buying his car. We'll see. Saturday and Sunday were nice.. and we did normal weekend stuff including a few nightly rides. Dad's got a doctors appointment this week.. so keep your fingers crossed! Here's a couple of jokes to help you smile on this Monday morning: During a visit to the mental asylum, a visitor asked the Director what the criteria is that defines whether a patient should be institutionalized or not. "Well," said the Director, "we fill up a bathtub with water, then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup, and a bucket to the patient and ask the patient to empty the water out of the tub." Okay, here's your test: 1. Would you use the spoon? 2. Would you use the teacup? 3. Would you use the bucket? "Oh, I understand," said the visitor. "A normal person would choose the bucket since it is larger than the teacup or spoon." "No," answered the Director. "A normal person would pull out the stopper." So how did you do? I've been committed - have a good day! The Engineer A pastor, a doctor and an engineer were waiting one morning for a particularly slow group of golfers ahead of them. The engineer fumed, "What's with these guys? We must have been waiting for 15 minutes!" The doctor chimed in, "I don't know, but I've never seen such ineptitude!" The pastor said, "Hey, here comes the greens keeper. Let's have a word with him." "Hi George! Say, what's with that group ahead of us, they're rather slow, aren't they?" The greens keeper replied, "Oh, yes, that's a group of blind firefighters. They lost their sight saving our clubhouse from a fire last year, so we always let them play for free any time." The group was silent for a moment. The pastor said, "That's so sad. I think I will say a special prayer for them tonight." The doctor said, "Good idea. And I'm going to contact my ophthalmologist buddy and see if there's anything he can do for them." The engineer said, "Why can't they play at night?" And now, the news: Cruise-ship passengers on their way to Bermuda unhappy when they arrive in Canada One of the COOLEST optical Illusions you'll see this week! Man dismayed to discover that his 2-year old daughter bought a $245,000 limo on eBay Some AWESOME murals that are 3-D! That's it for today... I'm up to my armpits in alligators! |