My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Wednesday, August 03, 2005
 
Post 555
Another Hump-Day...!


Yep, this week's FLYING by.. mostly because I'm just so horribly busy in work.

65 more days till our cruise! Whoo hoo.... I can't wait.

Is it me, or did the hurricanes down in the Caribbean start with a bang, and kinda fizzle out? Last year, it seems like they were every other week or more that there were BIG ones.

By the way, if you want to watch live, streaming video of the Shuttle and Space Station, Click here and choose the player you want to use. I got to admit, I like watching that stuff.

Picked up my daughter last night from the airport... she had a great time in Florida, but she's glad to be back home (and so are we!)

Porter, please know if I use your name in the news part, it's just kidding around. Never would I think you'd do that.
And I do think of you when I see headlines on CNN like this that just appeared: "Fourteen U.S. Marines and a civilian interpreter killed today in attack south of Haditha, Iraq, U.S. military says. Details soon"

Well, on to the news as I need some smiles:

Bat flies into car, bites woman. Waiting to see if she turns into superhero or vampire

Woman pursues Ph.D. in air guitar. Sometimes these things just write themselves!

And this one... I'll post all the text here cause it's small:

Scots bicker over birthplace of 'Scotty'
Star Trek geekdom is spiraling out of control in Scotland where four towns are warring over the birthplace of the fictional Enterprise engineer, Scotty.

The row erupted after the recent death of actor James Doohan (don't tell the Scots, but he was Canadian) who portrayed Montgomery Scott in the U.S. TV cult classic.

Aberdeen, Linlithgow, Elgin and Edinburgh all claim to be Scotty's birthplace -- regardless of the fact Scotty's true birthplace was the head of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry, the Edinburgh Scotsman reported.

Nonetheless, city officials and Trekkies in all four towns have proof backing up their claims and each has plans to erect a memorial Scotty as portrayed by -- dare we say -- a Canadian.
(Dave again here, everyone know, Scotty (the character) was from Aberdeen.. from an early episode where Scotty is in a pub, and tells Kirk "Nobody has to tell an old Aberdeen pub-crawler how to applaud")

Have a great day all...!