My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Monday, August 08, 2005
Post 558 Another crummy Monday morning... While it was a wonderful weekend... I'm kinda not feeling well this morning. Hopefully it'll pass. I got up this morning and went right to the TV to see if the shuttle landed safely.. but alas, they're waiting till tomorrow now. I wonder why it's so early in the morning? Is it even light at 5am or earlier in Florida? Are they landing in the dark? I think it was quite amazing that everyone jumped in to help when the Russian sub was stuck on the bottom of the ocean. British, Japanese and US people and equipment rushed to the scene, and it was the British submersible that cut away what was pinning the small sub down. Saturday night the wife and I, and Ray and Debbie went down to a car show/cruise night with my Vette and Ray's Cobra in Newington, at Krispy Kreme (about 1/4 mile from Aaron's house). There were at least 60+ cars there, it was a beautiful night, and we all had a great time. I can't believe, "Mr. Sweet Tooth" Ray had never had a Krispy Kreme donut! *L* Well, his wife got him one and just like everyone else, he was shocked how good they were. I'm also surprised that a donut shop has about 80 parking spaces! The Dunkin Donuts place near where I live may have 15 spots.. *chuckling* Sunday, went to see mom and dad.. he's still doing well. Not much more to report actually. This was probably the 9th or 10th gorgeous weekend since early spring. Seems the week's are messy, and the weekends lately have been always perfect. You won't hear me complaining! And now, on to the news: NASA develops real life Tricorder with retro 50's styling Here's a unique job: Mohamad Abdul Hamid boasts his ability to do three chicks every two minutes Now here's something we all need: How to make a crossbow out of office supplies! I absolutely love this story (read all 3 pages, it's worth it) First there were yachts, then Superyacht's, then Megayachts.. now, GigaYachts! That's it for today... enjoy your Monday |