My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Thursday, August 18, 2005
Post 566 Happy Birthday to Me...... Yep, today I'm 49 years old. *groan* I was just telling Aaron on the phone that I have the most problems with birthdays that end in a 9 or a 0. I'm not really happy about this one. I'm taking the day off tomorrow, to go golfing though, and that should be real nice. I haven't been out at all this year yet, and my bud Dan's taking the day off too, to go. That means the blog will be late tomorrow people! I took the Vette to work today, as it's supposed to be between 70 and 80 degrees today, and bright sunshine. Life is good! Other than that, not a lot to report. Today is also my God-Daughter's (Dave's daughters) birthday. Yesterday was my mother-in-law's, and Saturday is my dad's birthday! *L* 3 within 4 days. Friday night, I'm going to Dave's daughter's birthday party, then not sure what else this weekend other than going to see Dad on Saturday. Some things, one of my favorite comedians said about age (Bob Hope): ON TURNING 70 "You still chase women, but only downhill". ON TURNING 80 "That's the time of your life when even your birthday suit needs pressing." ON TURNING 90 "You know you're getting old when the candles cost more than the cake." ON TURNING 100 " I don't feel old. In fact I don't feel anything until noon. Then it's time for my nap." Well.... on to the news: Pierce Brosnan out as 007 Animal lover picks up a copperhead to help it across the road. Hilarity ensues And something for Bruce, Mike H, and maybe Aaron UConn basketball players dismissed for stealing laptops. Didn't realize they could buy them for $50 in Virginia. Duke sucks Scientists discover huge bar at the center of our galaxy, think this explains the rash of alien crash landings on earth Here's one PorterSR will love.. Marine told he is no longer a Texas resident because he was away in Iraq After dozens of complaints made to Comcast, woman receives new bill addressed to "Bitch Dog". Article gets bonus points for special guest appearance by "Jeffrey Scrotum Bag Barnes" And my quote of the day: Desperate Housewife Eva Longoria gets hit in the face by a huge pole. And this time, it wasn't owned by a teenager! Have a great Thursday all...! |