My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Monday, August 29, 2005
Post 573 Another damn Monday... Mondays are coming way too fast lately.. and, it's getting darker and darker in the morning as I come to work. Friday night, we took the Vette out to a Hooters Restaurant about 15 miles away, for a cruise night. There were at least 20 Corvette's there, and lots of other great cars. It's nice, you can sit outside on the porch, have a beer and something to eat and enjoy the view (the cars too people!). Saturday, I got a haircut early, then the wife and I went out for a nice long drive, as it was a gorgeous day. Sunday, it rained, and we went to see mom and dad, and just did indoor things. We watched the movie "Sideways" this weekend... what a weird movie that is! *LOL* and somehow, I knew the end would be like that..... Well, football season begins soon.. and after that, College Basketball, my favorite! But, with that, comes fall and winter. I have a feeling I'll be using a lot of wood in the wood stove this winter. What's with rising oil costs again? It's not stopping. Lets keep our fingers and toes crossed for the people near New Orleans... that storm looks NASTY! And now, on to the news: 11-year-old accused of carjacking vehicle with three children so he could get to school the next morning "You're not going to whine after this ride like Lisa Marie Presley, are you?" Wally Dallenbach asks Quentin Tarantino before giving him a ride in a NASCAR race car! Hands-on review: why Open Office 2.0 beats MS Office to a pulp (oh, and it's free) MIT student has invented carbonated ice cream. "it just kind of goes 'whoof' on your tongue." Alberta's oil sands give Canada the ability to supply all of North America for the next 50 years without touching a drop of imported oil -- at US$40 a barrel In Darwinian news: When doing a little nighttime gasoline siphoning, don't use a cigarette lighter to see what you're doing. Welder's torch is probably a no-no also That's it for today... enjoy your Monday (as much as can be for a Monday) |