My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Monday, October 03, 2005
Post 597 What a Weekend! Well, Friday night was nothing special... had hoped to go out to a movie with a friend of mine but he couldn't make it, so I just stayed home and caught up on some movies I had taped. Saturday morning, I went out early and got new tires for my 4Runner, then went home, got the Vette (it was gorgeous out) and went to see mom and dad. Dad had had a rough night, but was generally ok.. and I spent a bit of time there and then went home. Saturday afternoon, we got ready for the wine dinner we were going to that night. I made an appetizer of tiny reuben sandwiches with those tiny rye breads. They came out fantastic, and they went quickly at the party. The party itself was a great time. Wonderful people, great conversation, awesome food. Sunday morning, while I normally go see mom and dad early, I had to be there at 1pm, so I took the Vette to a car show less than a mile away.. our "Mum Festival Car Show". Now, we have a Chrysanthemum Festival every year in town, complete with a "Miss Chrysanthemum" and all, and this is the first year I even go to the show. Well, I get there at 11am, and there's already about a hundred gorgeous cars and I walk around talking to people, and see "Miss Chrysanthemum" walk by once or twice. Everyone gets to vote on their favorite cars and there's trophys for later on. At just about noon, I go back to my car and Miss C is there, and asks "Is this your car?" to which I say yes... and she proceeds to give me her "Official Choice of Miss Mum 2005 award!" I'm absolutely shocked. There's MANY more gorgeous cars than mine there.. but she chose mine... and all I can choke out is... "Thank you... thank you...". Then, she really puts me over the edge, and gives me "The Greater Bristol Chamber of Commerce Choice". Ok, now I was wondering if this were a joke... but she directed me to drive my car up to the main stage, where another bombshell was dropped. I got a trophy... not just a trophy, a HUGE trophy! It's about 16 inches high, and real metal. At this point, I'm blown away, as cameras are taking pictures of her handing me the trophy, people are clapping.... I was blushing beet red! As I had to leave about then anyways, I drove on off into the sunset still not believing my luck. When I got home, my wife took a picture of me, my Vette and the trophy. Ok, back to normal land.... went to see mom and dad later, and the VNA nurse came in and will start visiting dad again today. This week, we have a few meetings with different hospice organizations for dad. Thank God my vacation's coming up...... And now, on to the news: Toddler shows up at day care with a small bag of cocaine; sent home for not bringing enough to share with everybody Tired of those pesky red lights? Make a gizmo to turn them green at your command Just what you've always wanted. A 15 million candlepower flashlight! Your tax dollars hard at work: Alaska spends $500k federal grant on passenger jet's glorious 'wild king salmon' paint job (pic) That's it for today... have a great Monday! |