My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Wednesday, October 19, 2005
 
Post 604
Did I ever pick a week to be on vacation...


First, last week while on vacation, it rained 9 days straight here. Never saw a drop of rain on vacation.
This week, a category 5 hurricane going right through where we were! Wow... what luck.

Well, I found out yesterday, my new boss reads my blog. How I found out however, was not fun for me. I've only ever said nice things about this boss here, so that's not a problem.. but I've considered closing this blog and starting anew.

Late last Friday night, my son was driving his car, and in all the rain, drove into a HUGE puddle, sucking water into his engine. So much water, that the pistons tried to come up to compress what should have been gas, but instead was water, and majorly seized (broke) the engine in the car. This is going to be a huge bill that he doesn't have any money for as he's a full time college student with a part time job. *sigh* It never stops with him......
I may have to take some time off of work to have his car towed to the dealer, so they can estimate how much damage it's sustained.

On to the news:

Thanks to Kelley
Ever want to see the hurricane names for the next few years?

Thanks to Mike H
Guess where's the safest place to live, weather-wise?

Women... how to take care of your breasts! *S*

Katrina evacuees using federal assistance money to pay for beer and strippers, but at least they aren't wasting it

This is even too odd for me:
Mr. Floatie, a smiling lump of feces, is running for mayor in Victoria, Canada

Iowa cops determine suspected bomb is actually anti-alien technology

Ex-porn star Ginger Lynn sells the pearl necklace Charlie Sheen gave her. In other news, you can sell those things? (sometimes these just write themselves!)

World War II airman found frozen in California glacier. In other news, there's a glacier in California

That's it for today... enjoy your day.