My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Monday, October 31, 2005
Post 612 Busy weekend...! Well, while Friday was pretty much quiet, Saturday was anything but. I've been trying to convince the wife to get a new car for a year or more, and Saturday, I think I got through as her car needs some serious repairs and it'll cose about 30% of what the car's worth. So, the wife, son and I go looking at a car for him, and then at another dealer for her.. when daughter calls my cell. "Hey, I may want a new car..." to which my wife says "I'll take HER car no problem!". Daughter's car is only 2 years old, has low mileage, and is smaller and wife likes it. So, turn around, and go get daughter. The car we went to see for my son wasn't too nice, then we go to the dealer where my daughter bought her existing car to look at the new ones. To make a long story short, she's having them find EXACTLY the car she's looking for, then we'll deal. We'll see how that goes. THEN, Saturday, my mother-in-law shocks me, calls and says I can use her garage for my Vette! *gasp* So, we spend yesterday cleaning out the garage real well (had a lot of our stuff in there), and with my friend Dave's help, we get it all out in one shot. We do have to make a dump-run, but we'll wait till this weekendn for that. Oh, and Saturday night we went out and had a nice dinner with our friends Ray and Debbie.... nice and relaxing. On the downside, dad looks awful *sigh*. He's barely up for 20 minutes at a time now he's so drugged up from pain meds.. and his skin pallor is awful. I fear he has very little time. Yesterday afternoon, wife had to run some errands, so daughter and I took the Vette out for a bit (it was gorgeous out) and looked for cars for my son while he was working. What'd you do this weekend? On to the news: Generator destroyed when lit candle used to check fuel level; what could possibly go wrong? Canada announces plans to invade Mars with weather station acclimatized to freezing temperatures, lack of intelligent life. Station was tested in Winnipeg, so scientists confidently assured it will work The top 100 global brands If you're going to fake your own kidnapping to swindle your family out of money, it's not a good idea to pick up the ransom yourself That's it for today... have fun! (ps, there MAY be no blog tomorrow.. not sure yet) |