My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Wednesday, November 09, 2005
 
Post 617
Memories....


Thinking back about my dad.. we were always a "camping" family. From my earliest rememberences, we camped all summer long for a few years at a state park on the ocean. Dad would spend his 2 week vacations there, then after that was done, would commute 40+ miles on weekends to spend with us.
Later, my parents bought a truck-camper, and we travelled everywhere with that from Canada to Texas to see the newly built Houston Astrodome. I remember camping in Myrgle Beach, South Carolina and watching man walk on the moon on a tiny black and white TV. Dad always drove, as mom didn't drive the big truck. I never realized the hard work he did getting us safely from place to place till lately when I think back over it.
More on this another time...

I slept ok last night... still not 8 hours, but it's getting better.

I have Friday off this week for Veterans day.. so the blog Friday will be late.

On to the news:

I always knew there was a reason!
Women are physically unable to comprehend The Three Stooges, football in the groin. Here comes the science

Ever created a cool domain name, only to read it and go OH CRAP, I can't use that!

Just for you Aaron:
The world's WORST idea for a USB device!

In case you need it...:
The complete "PONG" users manual, circa 1976!

If you're a high school coach that is hosting a party for teen girls, you might want to hold off on the penis-shaped suckers and a cake shaped like male genitalia

And for Carrie and Trucker Bob:
U.S. embassy in Ottawa denies using a secret radio transmission to disable Canadian garage doors. [American] The invasion has been delayed, repeat the invasion has been delayed [/American]

That's it for today... enjoy your day...