My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Monday, January 09, 2006
 
Post 655
The first weekend of 2006 gone....


Well, it was a busy weekend.
Friday night, the new version of many shows on the Sci-Fi channel started for the season, including one I've been watching for 2 years now, Battlestar Galactia. It's been nothing less than spectacular, but Fridays episode, was a home run! It was one of those shows, that when it was over, you sat there and went "WOW"....

Saturday, I took my wife's car for an oil change while she took her mom grocery shopping in my truck. At 2pm, Ray came over as the UCONN women were on against Tennessee (their arch-enemies), and while they lost, it was a lot closer than everyone thought it'd be. At 4pm, the UCONN Men were on and won against LSU. It was an incredibly hard fought game, and UCONN was down by as much as 14, but came back to win by 1. Whew!
After the games, we went out shopping. I wanted a few things, including a Senseo Coffee Maker. Now, I'm the only one in the house that drinks coffee, and seldom at home mostly because it's a bit of work to make a pot and waste it, as I only have one cup usually. Sometimes my son will have a cup, but it's rare.
This machine is SO COOL! Put water in it, push a button to heat the water, add a pod, push down the lever and push a button to start your brew. In no time, you have a steaming cup of coffee, that even has some frothy foam on top! Mmmmmmmmm.

Yesterday was pretty much a "take it easy" kinda day which was nice.

Tonight, we're going out to dinner after work with some friends I used to work with at my last job. After that, it's home to watch UCONN men play Cincinatti.

BTW Mark, I don't make up ALL the headlines, most of them are already written... but some times I do embellish upon them.

What'd you do this weekend?

Dumb: Parents leave small children home alone while they live it up in Las Vegas. Dumber: One of the children is autistic. Dumber: They get a sitter for the dog

Hey Carrie, this is a bit too close to you!
Most moms find their kids' cigarettes or dirty magazines. This one found his fully loaded AK-47 machine-gun (with pic)

Florida prison program has inmates building custom motorcycles (Take that Paulie)

Now this is the stuff that makes my heart beat harder:
Dodge's Challenger Concept Car... PLEASE MAKE THIS!

Two more of my dream cars:
BMW's M5 and M6... ~swoon~

Ok... I've stopped crying long enough to post this... it's SO DAMNED FUNNY! (just for you Karen)
Give something special to your favorite girl this Valentines day, that's right, a solid milk-chocolate replica of your penis, batteries sold separately

Skeletal remains found under home by repairman. In other news, blonde wins hide-and-seek championship

Damn, do I hold off getting my new TV?
Old and Busted: That 42" LCD TV with 3000:1 contrast ratio you spent thousands on last year. New Hotness: The 55" Surface-conducting Electron-emitter Display, with 100,000:1 contrast ratio

And that's it for today... enjoy your Monday!