My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Thursday, January 12, 2006
 
Post 657
Wierd and Wacky New England Weather


Can you believe.. it was in the mid 40's yesterday, and today, it's supposed to get up near 60??? Normal high's in January are in the high 20's to low 30's.

Karen... now you, of all people should be a PRO at batteries! *LOL*

Ok.. back to cars I owned as a kid.... we left off at my 1968 Dodge Coronet R/T, and VW Beetle I used in the winter.
Believe it or not, I sold the Dodge back to the same person I bought it from! He loved it so much, he wanted it back, and today, he actually has 3 of them! One is a convertible.
I sold it in the fall, and bought myself an inexpensive 1968 Jeep Commando that had a plow on it. I figured I'd make a few bucks over the winter plowing snow. (the pic isn't mine, but it's darn close to the one I had)
I didn't have enough money for the plow too, but would have it in a couple of weeks so the seller said he'd hang on to the plow till I got the money for it.
The guy I bought it off of, is a big shot lawyer in town. The day after I bought the jeep, the rear differential just plain DIED!
I took it to a repair shop, and immediately, the mechanic said the seller KNEW this was going, because he put oatmeal in the differential to hide the problem (old trick).
Well, even not being a lawyer, I knew you couldn't sell a car you KNEW there was a problem with, so I called the lawyer. He pretty much gave me a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo, till the mechanic got on the phone and TOLD him, he'd testify in court if he had to, that I was being ripped off.
"Ok, come pick up the plow for free" was the answer. This way, he didn't have to pull a penny from his pocket.
After that, I had a blast plowing snow all winter, had regular customers and made a bundle.
But, from the looks of this thing... you just KNOW I'd need something different for the next summer.
to be continued

On to the news:

Ok Karen... study this. There'll be a test later.. *LOL*
Average penis sizes broken down by nationality and it turns out the French are the biggest dicks in the world

In related news:
Mini-Me to hawk mini-mp3 player. Reports are in that it's still bigger than his penis

In sports news:
Disgruntled employee reveals Stanford took football recruits to strip clubs. Is this revelation supposed to *hurt* recruiting?

Now, for the politically correct news:
Ugly help-line calls from America are grist for a new sitcom in India, "The Call Center" (imagine if we did that HERE!)

Mount Augustine volcano in Alaska erupts. Visual confirmation expected within days, once sun finally rises (Did I mention, I was in Alaska when a volcano erupted?)

Frickin Laser Beam weapons almost ready for battle (with pic)

FEMA worker loots storm-ravaged house while the plumber looks on. Except the "plumber" was actually the returning homeowner

Watch out Bob and Carrie:
Canada's oil supplies to surpass Saudi Arabia's, Bush being briefed by the CIA about Canada's WMD's and terrorist training camps. Invasion in three... two... one...

And my headline of the day:
Blind man poisoned by blind lover. Didn't see it coming

Enjoy your Thursday...