My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Wednesday, January 18, 2006
Post 660 Cold, then hot, then cold, then hot.... Yep, it's been VERY cold the last few days, and this morning, it's 55 degrees out! The fog is so thick out this morning, you can cut it with a knife. Makes driving hazardous for sure! Not really much to report today.. we watched the 2 hour American Idol show last night and laughed like nuts at some of the idiots that think they can sing. I can't imagine how some people can humiliate themselves that way.. but maybe they just want their 15 minutes of fame. Here's a funny for you all: Once upon a time there were two brothers. One brother was very mischievous, always getting into trouble. The other brother, however, was very good. He was always kind to animals, helped elderly neighbors, and led an exemplary life. As time went on, the brothers stayed in touch but were never close. The evil brother became a heavy drinker and a womanizer. The other brother was a devoted husband and father and supported many charities. One day the evil brother died. Then, after a few years, the good brother passed away. He went to heaven and was rewarded with a happy afterlife. One day he went to God and asked, "Where is my brother? He died before me, but I have not seen him here in heaven." God replied, "As you know, your brother led an evil life, so he is not spending eternity here in heaven. He has been sent elsewhere. "I'm sorry to hear that," the good brother replied. "But I do miss him and wish I could see him again." "You can see him if you wish," God said. "I will give you the power to gaze into hell." So the power was granted and the good brother gazed into hell. Before long he saw his brother sitting on a bench. In one arm he held a keg of beer, and in the other he cradled a gorgeous young blonde. The good brother turned to God and said, "I can't believe what I'm seeing. I have found my brother, and he has a keg of beer in one arm and a beautiful woman in the other. Surely, hell cannot be that bad." God explained. "Things are not always as they seem. The keg has a hole in it. The blonde doesn't." Oh, one last thing... there's a new post on my wine blog, The Wine Spot. And now, on to the news: 2005 Satire Awards announced If you own a cell phone, you're paying a three percent tax to help fund the 1898 Spanish-American War When the Navy gives you a secret file that requires a security clearance to read, try not to leave it behind at the pub You don't need a million dollars to have a threesome in Britain (the government strategy is a "two pronged" approach!) Canada Post refused to deliver Sex Party's political leaflets. In other news, Canada has a Sex Party (no wonder Carrie's always got a smile on her face! LOL) Stolen Corvette recovered 37 years later; Dusty Springfield 8-track still in player (SOMEONE WOULD STEAL A CORVETTE? *GASP*) Here's something Mark will like: Great high speed photos of things breaking/exploding! That's it for today... enjoy your Hump-Day! |