My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Thursday, January 26, 2006
 
Post 666
Triple 6's.. uh oh!


Well, my UCONN Huskies won again last night, but not without a bit of drama. Two players were ejected for fighting, which is a very serious thing. It was a tough game against a team that won their last 3, 2 of which against nationally ranked teams.
Of course, my friend Ray was over to help root them on.

Other than that, not too much new in my world. I'm glad everyone liked the stuff about Aerogel. I was amazed at it myself.

Here's something you might find interesting (depending on how old you are):

Milords, Ladies and Gentlemen, Kindly raise your glasses
IN SPECIAL TRIBUTE TO ALL THE GIRLS WE'VE LOVED BEFORE...


How's This For Depressing ?

Brigitte Bardot 71
Stella Stevens 68
Sophia Loren 71
Gina Lollobrigida 78
Deborah Kerr 94
Lena Horne 88
Kay Starr 83
Patti Page 78
Annette Funicello 63
Barbara Eden 71
Angie Dickenson 74
Doris Day 81
Joan Collins 72
Julie Christie 64
Leslie Caron 74
Carroll Baker 74
Ann-Margret 64
Debra Padget 72
Julie Andrews 70
Ursula Andress 69
Rita Moreno 74
Jean Simmons 76
Julie Newmar 72
Kim Novak 72
Jane Powell 76
Debbie Reynolds 73
Shirley Temple 77
Jane Russell 84
Kathryn Grayson 83
Esther Williams 82
Elke Sommer 65
Gale Storm 83
Jill St. John 65
Liz Taylor 73
Mamie Van Doren 74

UNBELIEVABLE, HOW IN THE WORLD DID THEY GET OLD AND WE DIDN'T ?


And a little something for the ladies out there:

He didn't like the casserole
And he didn't like my cake.
My biscuits were too hard...
Not like his mother used to make.
I didn't perk the coffee right
He didn't like the stew,
I didn't mend his socks
The way his mother used to do.
I pondered for an answer
I was looking for a clue.
Then I turned around and smacked him...

Like his Mother used to do.


On to the news:

Unlicensed driver crashes stolen car into tow truck in police parking lot. Sometimes the mountain comes to Mohammed

Officials from Mexico denied they were trying to encourage greater migration into the United States by providing detailed maps that included roads and water stations and areas with cellphone reception beyond the Mexican border

After accusations of touchy-touchy, gynecologist is told by state regulators that he can continue to practice gynecology, he just can't treat women anymore. In other news, Florida has its first mangina specialist

NASA officials to start looking for extraterrestrials. Careful scientific analysis has revealed most likely place to find them to be an area called "Neverland Ranch"

Whistleblower reveals that Pentagon is buying $20 ice trays. Army argues you can't find combat-ready ice trays for less than that (How else could they support Area 51?)

Wal-Mart, Costco and Target announce the roll-out of new fingerprint checkout scanners. Too bad 90 percent of them can be fooled by a simple Play-D'oh finger sold in aisle 7

Packing a grenade in your suitcase is stupid, particularly when you're a flight attendant

Military-style jet crashes into Alaskan trailer park, killing pilot, causing couple dozen dollars of damage

New car paint changes color with the temperature

That's it for today... enjoy your day all!