My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Thursday, February 02, 2006
Post 671 Call me old-fashioned... call me anal... (or don't) But there are certain things I like, a certain way. It's getting more and more as I get older. Yesterday brought me a couple of things that surprised me. One, I got a very stern email about my "Bush Bashing" from a dear friend. He said it was "offensive", and I was a bit shocked. See, I BELIEVE in the First Amendment, Freedom oe Speech, which gives me the right to say whatever I want here. But this doesn't have to do with that really, it has to do with being able to disagree with someone and remain friends. Now, he and I have moved on after exchanging a few emails, but still, his words asked me to seperate the political stuff from the fun stuff (I thought it was, fun stuff is below the "on to the news" line). Either way, I made it clear to him that I'm not going to change what I post, but I'll fight for HIS right to disagree! The second thing that... kinda bothered me was going to a blog I visit quite often, and finding it almost impossible to navigate the links because of something in the software he uses. Once again, his blog, his way, I won't argue that. But I'm always wary of clicking on a link when I can't see in the status bar where it's taking me (he has a scrolling message there that covers it up). That, and the fact that when you do click on a link, it brings up a browser window that's incomplete. No buttons at top, no location bar so you can see where you are.... just "bugs" me I guess. *shrug* Guess I'm getting old. Like I said, his blog, his way. Anyways... on to better news. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN! Yes, Karen is a year older today... *S* Hope you have the best day ever hon! Today is the day mom has her operation, so I'll be leaving work a bit early to go see her. Any good thoughts for her would be appreciated. Oh well... on to the news: Ozzy's fat daughter says Paris Hilton is a bad influence on young girls because of the way she dresses. Apparently she finds no fault in being a drunk, stoned, abrasive brat Winter storm dumps a foot of snow in Hawaii. Locals ditch their surfboards for snowboards. KOWABUNGA DUDE! (w/pic) This is hilarious: Super Bowl media day included questions "What's the hardest you ever farted?" and "Which would hurt more -- losing to Pittsburgh or sitting on the Space Needle?" You HAVE to click this just to see the picture! Incredible Hulk arrested selling crack in Augusta. Lou Ferrigno surrenders (some of these just write themselves!) College cheerleader gets knocked off the squad for working at Hooters, told that thanks to Hooters, the squad now has a black eye (pic) Top ten myths about hybrid cars And JUST FOR YOU PAUL: George W. Bush talking action figure with 25 "unique and authentic phrases." What are they? *ROTFL* The top 10 weirdest USB devices ever (there's some new ones, and #1, is just for Karen!) Have a great Thursday all...! |