My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Thursday, February 09, 2006
 
Post 676
Just another Thursday morning...


Yep, just another Thursday morning... when the #1 ranked UCONN Men's basketball team won handily over Syracuse! Lets put it this way, being as it was a late game (started at 9pm) it was over by halftime, and I went to sleep early in the second half, secure of a win.

I'm going to raise my cup of coffee this morning, to those wonderful people that get up REALLY early in the morning to make bagels for me for breakfast. Their hard work is NOT unappreciated! (I just really needed a good cup of coffee and bagel this morning!) Right now I'm having a wonderful "French Toast" bagel with cream cheese.. Mmmmm!

Oh, here's something for all you women that don't understand men... *way innocent smile*


Because I'm a man, when I lock my keys in the car, I will fiddle with a coat hanger long after hypothermia has set in. Calling AAA is not an option. I will win.

_________________________________________

Because I'm a man, when the car isn't running very well, I will pop the hood and stare at the engine as if I know what I'm looking at. If another man shows up, one of us will say to the other, "I used to be able to fix these things, but now with all these computers and everything, I wouldn't know where to start." We will then drink a couple of beers and break wind, as a form of holy communion.

_______________________________________________

Because I'm a man, when I catch a cold, I need someone to bring me soup and take care of me while I lie in bed and moan. You're a woman. You never get as sick as I do, so for you, this is no problem.

_______________________________________________

Because I'm a man, I can be relied upon to purchase basic groceries at the store, like milk or bread. I cannot be expected to find exotic items like "cumin" or "tofu." For all I know, these are the same thing.

_______________________________________________

Because I'm a man, when one of our appliances stops working, I will insist on taking it apart, despite evidence that this will just cost me twice as much once the repair person gets here and has to put it back together.

___________________________________________________

Because I'm a man, I must hold the television remote control in my hand while I watch TV. If the thing has been misplaced, I may miss a whole show looking for it.....though one time I was able to survive by holding a calculator.....(applies to engineers mainly).

_______________________________________________________

Because I'm a man, there is no need to ask me what I'm thinking about. The true answer is always either sex, cars, sex, sports or sex. I have to make up something else when you ask, so don't ask.

_______________________________________________

Because I'm a man, I do not want to visit your mother, or have your mother come visit us, or talk to her when she calls, or! think about her any more than I have to. Whatever you got her for Mother's Day is okay; I don't need to see it. And don't forget to pick up something for my mother, too.

_______________________________________________

Because I'm a man, you don't have to ask me if I liked the movie. Chances are, if you're crying at the end of it, I didn't....and if you are feeling amorous afterwards....then I will certainly at least remember the name and recommend it to others.

_______________________________________________

Because I'm a man, I think what you're wearing is fine. I thought what you were wearing five minutes ago was fine, too. Either pair of shoes is fine. With the belt or without it, looks fine. Your hair is fine. You look fine. Can we just go now?

_______________________________________________

Because I'm a man, and this is, after all, the year 2006, I will share equally in the housework. You just do the laundry, the cooking, the cleaning, the vacuuming, and the dishes, and I'll do the rest...... like wandering around in the garden with a beer wondering what to do.

______________________________________________

This has been a public service message for women to better understand men


And now, on to the news:

330 pound woman suing airline for racial discrimination over policy requiring large passengers to buy an extra seat

If you're Canadian, don't expect to see "Horny Hot Dog" or "Tonsil Train 3" on store shelves any time soon. Fortunately, there are still plenty of copies of "Total Access--Yes I'm Catholic" available

You know Carrie, you were right yesterday when you told me that Montreal is great! *LOL*
Montreal city workers take 10 staff hours to fill one pothole, spend the rest of their shift at the fabulous nudie bars

Birds crap on Katie Couric at the Olympics. With pics thank goodness!

Jimmy Kimmel's "Unnecessary Censorship: Super Bowl Edition" video

And, after that heartbreaking story yesterday:
Hurt soldier billed for gear to be repaid

That's it for today.. have a great Thursday!